Second Annual Susquehanna Flats Kayak Fishing Jamboree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Librarian View Post
    I'm planning on being there too. Coming down from OCNJ. Trying to get everything ready and replace the tackle/rods/tools I lost when my kayaks went bouncing around the garage in Sandy. At least they only broke a window and did not go floating off through it.

I hope to be down late Thursday night and fish Friday and Saturday. Hopefully my Revo 13 will be a little faster than the Outback I had previously.

I got site 48. No electricity, but I've been camping for the past 60 years so I won't have any problem.

Now if the weather warms up a little so I can get some time in before then. Also hoping that Fin-atics in OC has herring and sandworms in stock by then.

Librarian
    Wow! It's been a long time! Glad you're gonna make it down!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
      I might go.
      Do it. Looks like Sam is out so I have an extra spot paid for and plan on fishing hard.
      Used to fish more.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
        Do it. Looks like Sam is out so I have an extra spot paid for and plan on fishing hard.
        I hope this year you don't pull up to the school I am working and catch the cow out of it!!
        "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Haha sorry about that! Greg pretty much said the same thing. That was a lucky fish, I was flying blind since my fish finder died and we were fishing like boaters... "hey look there's a bunch of yaks doing circles over there, I'm going to go right by"... and boom! Sorry about that!!! Hopefully this year there are more of them.
          Used to fish more.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
            I would say I'm sorry Sam can't make it but you know she wins all my prizes. It is going tobe a good weekend for sure.
            Jim

Hobie Outback
            TKAA member
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Anybody have an actual map of the boundaries of the flats?

This is from the DNR
              Susquehanna Flats, upstream of a line from Sandy Point to Turkey Point and the Susquehanna River downstream from a line connecting the Susquehanna State Park Boat Ramp in Lapidum to Twin Rocks to Tomes Wharf in Port Deposit; and Northeast River.
              I'm interested in the north side. Particular where Tomes Wharf and Twin Rocks are. Browsed on Google earth and maps a good bit and can't figure out where the wharf or rocks are.

BTW

This news from the latest tournament email that should make any newbies like me a little more comfortable.

Berkeley Township Underwater Search & Rescue Unit

We have a great group of folks coming down from Berkeley Township New Jersey. The Berkeley Township Underwater Search and Rescue Unit will be on the water to offer assistance to any of the attendees who runs into a jam. Hopefully we won't need them, but the security of having them out there will be priceless.

They are a volunteer unit and rely heavily on donations to operate and offer the outstanding services they do. To help offset their expenses for the trip we are going to pass the hat on Saturday at the dinner. Please, do what you can to help out.
              I don't quite like that "underwater" rescue part but do feel a little better knowing they will be there.

Comment

Speaking of prizes... I received word of a very special prize that will be raffled at the event to raise money for Heroes on the Water! The prize will be a 4pc 3wt 8'6" TFO rod and a Lefty hat signed by the master himself!

Used to fish more.

Comment

Oooh, a Lefty signed hat and fly rod!!

Mike, no need to be sorry! The fish gods just smiled on you more that day than me.
                  "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Does anyone have GPS coordinates of the boundaries listed above? I'd like to plug them into my GPS so I can see them on the water.

Comment

Working...
                    X