Liv-en a dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liv-en a dream

Just got my first Kayak: Wilderness Systems 135 (Anglar Version) and it should be here in 3 weeks. I frequent the Pier and Surf site, and many people recomended me to this site. I wanted to give a litle introduction about myself. Cann't wait to deploy this bad boy for it's maden voyage.

Was planning on getting a Tandem that would double as a single, but then a deal I just could not turn down came along.

A little about myself:

Married with 5 Kids: (Ages 30, 27, 25, 11, 9).

Fishing Experience: Come from a long line of poor fisherman. Have gotten the fishing bug real-bad for the past 2 years. Absolutely love it. Have gotten fairly mediocre results. But, still, love the thrill of fishing. So, I hope to learn lots of stuff from all of you!

Workout 3 times a week, so, am in fairly good shape.

Can't wait to get out there and try out this thing!!

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Well howdy Stan! It's a great bunch of people here and there are plenty of good waters to paddle!
    2013 Jackson Kayak Cuda 12 "Penny"

Comment

Bout time you came over!!

When you get it, just browse for when people are headed out. Or just post up an invite. You'll be fishing with folk in no time. Its great to check out other people rigging for idead on how you may want to customize yours. Lots of innovative thinkers here. Good times are ahead.
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

i think i saw your post on P&S. you were looking for a easy place to start right? I usually like PLO, short paddle, weather doesn't change too quick, and you can catch keeper fish.

Comment

Welcome, glad you finally made it on here. My yaking career started out perch fishing on the Severn river, its fun and easy fishing. Perch fishing on the Severn usually starts to pick up end of April to mid May.
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Welcome Stan! Not sure where you're located but a few of us are going to Centennial Lake in Howard County Sunday if you're interested.
            Dave
            2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Welcome ......

Comment

Welcome aboard! Hope to see you out there sometime
                Robby
                2014 Hobie Revo 13
                12' Camo F&S SOT "Dirty Floater"

Comment

Originally posted by manlystanley View Post
                  Come from a long line of poor fisherman. Have gotten the fishing bug real-bad for the past 2 years. Absolutely love it. Have gotten fairly mediocre results. But, still, love the thrill of fishing. So, I hope to learn lots of stuff from all of you!
                  Welcome and this is easily fixed. I am a Bass fishermen first and fished the bay as secondary spot. We bass fishing you learn to read the bottom, for ledges, cover, watch the current air pressure and other things. Fish turn on and off and hold in various areas for various reasons. Learn where they will be and your percentage goes up 50%, Learn what to target them with and up 50%.

I was amazed last year with boaters and even some kayakers on the bay. They use the same presentation all day, even if its not working. I watched a guy bounce a jig and bass assassin on the bottom all day and never got a bite, but he persisted. He said "it's always worked before, I don't know why they won't bite it." Because they want something else and it's your job to find what something else is. I went through 15 lures easily before I started catching them on rattle traps. If you're catching them, nail them. If you're not catching them, change your lure, change your location, or maybe both.

Hope to see you on the water.
                  "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

** Followme, Memory Maker and Katfish: Thanks so much for the great welcome!

** Metroman: Yep. It took me *WAY* too long.. They have been working me like a poor step child.

** dsmero: What an offer! My Sunday's are booked with church activities. I'll take a rain check though!

** kuljc: I like the idea of PLO for a day long trip (I'm about 2 1/2 hours away from it), I was hoping to take four hours off of work (Work At Ft. Meade, Md; leave at 12:00) and hit a local launch site once a week.

I've been surf casting from Sandy Point for the past two years. I like to give my wife and kids lot's of time on the weekends. It's OK, but it gets crowded. Also, the big fish don't move closer in till late at night.

** shadyfisher85: Perch fishing in the Severn. Hmmm.... Is this how you did it:

--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM4TkeXroN4
                    --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PG-0Ey8fkI

Under the docks, or in April/May somewhere else??

** archeryrob: You got that right. The few times that I've fished with first class fisherman, they are really constantly changing things (if they don't catch anything). I need to be reminded of that constantly....
                    Last edited by manlystanley; 03-20-2013, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Sometimes they are up in the docks and sometimes they're over the shell beds or old bridges. If you find them it's game on. my favorite lures are gulp alive minnow on road runner jighead, but did well on small spoons too.
                      Ryan
                      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Kayak will be here tomorrow. Madden voyage at local lake on Friday (have PFD as well). Yee Haaa!!!!

Comment

Kayak will be here tomorrow. Madden voyage at local lake on Friday (have PFD as well). Yee Haaa!!!!
                          Where are you and what lake will the maiden voyage take place? If the weather is good you might have some company.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillgetter View Post
                            Where are you and what lake will the maiden voyage take place? If the weather is good you might have some company.
                            Works for me. However, I cann't get Friday off--and so have to be tortured for a *WHOLE DAY* before I set sail... As we said in the navy, happieness isdefined as: "Haze grey and underway!"

I'll be at Triadelphia Lake in Brookeviile Md. You need a WSSC permit to use the lake ($70 for the year). I'll be there at 6:00 AM (gee, am I nuts or what?). Please tell me if your interested, we can coordinate the actual launch site (there are multiple ones).

Best Regards,
                            Stan

Comment

Works for me. However, I cann't get Friday off--and so have to be tortured for a *WHOLE DAY* before I set sail... As we said in the navy, happieness isdefined as: "Haze grey and underway!"

I'll be at Triadelphia Lake in Brookeviile Md. You need a WSSC permit to use the lake ($70 for the year). I'll be there at 6:00 AM (gee, am I nuts or what?). Please tell me if your interested, we can coordinate the actual launch site (there are multiple ones).

Best Regards,
                              Stan
                              Thanks for the offer but I won't be doing Triadelphia Lake. I might hit Centennial on Saturday though.

Comment

Working...
                              X