No announcement yet.

Total investment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone else wrote this, not mine. He said he was afraid that when he died, his wife would sell all his fishing gear for what he told her he had bought it for. That is a classic.

Comment

Still way less expensive than fishing out of my Ranger with a 225 merc on it... and more fun!!!
      http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
      484-459-9863
      If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
      *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
        Well for me, I knew I would NEVER be able to afford a boat! LOL So I went with a kayak, and it let me get away from some of the craziness that happens on the surf and piers! Not that anyone ever bothered me personally, and at times they were pretty entertaining, but I also didn't want to be confined by the shoreline and piers. Like any hobby, necessity is far from need to have. But as you get into the hobby/sport more and more you start dabbling in the nice to haves and find yourself pretty deep real fast!! LOL I used to bowl VERY frequently before my kids were born, at one point I had to have had over 20 bowling balls and that's with selling some! LOL Now I didn't need them all, but it was fun to get different reactions on the lanes and cover different conditions.

Same thing with fishing! At one point my most expensive rod was $25 and the reel was like $40! But I was still fishing! Still catching and still having fun! LOL But of course I ventured into the higher end gear and that's all she wrote! But I don't count that towards kayak fishing alone, I would still be getting gear even if I was on the surf and pier! LOL So kayaking, for me at least, doesn't run that much. BUT I also have limited income to throw at it... best believe if I had some more $$$ it would be thrown at kayak fishing! LOL I see people all the time making purchases for their yak that in the back of my head I am saying.... "you don't need all that", but I am also saying "I wish I could get one!!!". LOL If you're having a good time, who can put a price on that?
        +1

Remember this...

This was the first time Foursteps24 & I kayak fished. We rented those yaks. I ended up buying that one.
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Although I don't have my kayak yet and really haven't invested anything, I do have some thoughts I'd like to share.
          How about the cost of fuel??
          I'm looking forward to the fact that I won't have to full up the tank on the boat. I won't have to burn up too much fuel hauling the boat to the bay or down to OC.

How about mechanical issues? I've experienced being out for a fun day of fishing when the motor breaks. That's not fun.
          I guess a paddle could break, but seems unlikely.

I usually check out this forum every day. I admire all of you that have been out there during this cold spring.
          I am really looking forward to getting into this sport and I'm sure. as I go, my budget will be eaten up with accessorizing my yak.

My work schedule won't allow me to really get into it until mid-June.
          It's going to be hard to wait that long.
          ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

Comment

Working...
          X