Headed to the Promised Land This weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headed to the Promised Land This weekend

Headed down to that trailer @ Cherrystone I spoke of a couple of months ago. Plan to either fish for Togs at CBBT or Kiptopeake ..... or for speck if they are still around ..........

Got room if you guys want to go ..........

Leaving Friday @ 11 am and return Sunday evening ......

The trailer will sleep 6 without sharing a bed but 4 is the most comfortable.

First come first served ......... I have room for 2 persons to drive down and at least 1 other yak in the truck. Have room for 3-5 more in the Trailer.

Trailer has basically everything but some guys bring a sleeping bag ....... trailer has a living room 12 x 15 living room, full kitchen, heat, television, bath etc ........ truck is an f 150 supercrew lariat .........

should be a great weekend for anybody that can go.

Post here to go

Call me today @ work 410 965 1115 if you have any questions.

Oh ...... Redfish 12 said he might want to stay ....... Mike are you staying?

Thanks
    Rick
    Attached Files

I sure wish I could join you, but I'm heading out of town that weekend. I hope to be doing some speck fishing in Back River on Sunday on my way back, though.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Hey ....... good luck ...... hope ya get some good specks? What do you use for them?

Oh and I'll be in Denver till Thursday ........ Call me on my cell phone @ 410 215 5123 instead of calling my work phone if you have any questions

Comment

cool man!! the togs should be biting, the temps are getting right at the ships.
        its looking windy all week and for the weekend but i hope it drops out for ya.

Comment

Man sounds like heaven! I wish I could join... But my wife's baby shower is this weekend...

MYT

Comment

i work on the weekends, we were going to try to fish it this week but the winds aint going to let us.

Comment

For specks, I was going to take a selection of Gulp grubs and shads. One guy on Tidalfish has been getting bigger ones on a new Gulp shad that has ridges on its sides. Mirrolures also work well for the bigger ones, but I'm not sure I have much confidence in using them. I was going to swing by a local tackle shop or two to see what they recommend.
              Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
              Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I'm heading down this weekend, hoping to fish the HRBT Friday and then either the ships or first island on Sat depending on the wind. Back up will be looking for some specs somewhere.

Need to figure my plan out better rick, if someone wants the spot in the trailer don't hold out for me.

Anyone else want to make the trip? So far it's me, knavery, and Joe (Friday) from tidalfish. We plan on meeting up with some of the other guys in the area at the HRBT and then again on Saturday morning.
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

........ Well ...... looks like I'm going by myself .........

Comment

Sorry Rick! Keep your phone handy on Saturday because we will be running over to kipto at some point. If not, Sunday morning at Cherrystone could be a possibility. It all depends on the wind. We're working on a plan, so far all we have is HRBT light line on Friday night and tog somewhere Saturday. I know you don't want to go to the First Island, so if it's anywhere else, you should come!

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                      Sorry Rick! Keep your phone handy on Saturday because we will be running over to kipto at some point. If not, Sunday morning at Cherrystone could be a possibility. It all depends on the wind. We're working on a plan, so far all we have is HRBT light line on Friday night and tog somewhere Saturday. I know you don't want to go to the First Island, so if it's anywhere else, you should come!

Not a problem guy ............ from what Kevin says you will probably be fishing at the ships instead of the bridge because of the winds.

Been down there a bunch before and I don' want to travel to the 1st Island on my first real trip. Need to get familiar and better equipped. Just be careful ....... the bay down there is a bit more to handle then it is up here ...........

THe phone reception down there is spotty so call and keep calling till ya get me .......

Invitation is still open ........... I'll have those oysters I told ya about and the beer if your plans change ........

Good luck and be safe .....

Comment

Sounds good. We'll see how the weather is looking tomorrow. Would you fish the ships with us on Sat? Beer and Oysters sound good to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                          Sounds good. We'll see how the weather is looking tomorrow. Would you fish the ships with us on Sat? Beer and Oysters sound good to me!
                          Sure ........

Comment

how did it go?

Comment

Heading down tomorrow Sam, wanna come?!

Comment

Working...
                              X