No announcement yet.

CatFish Riggin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carp love corn- I used to open a can of corn, throw some out as chum and then fish with a kernel of corn for carp. Caught big carp that way. So corn meal isn't a stretch for catfish-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Cornmeal is also good for the catfish when you put them in the frying pan
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Are carp any good to eat???

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
        Carp love corn- I used to open a can of corn, throw some out as chum and then fish with a kernel of corn for carp. Caught big carp that way. So corn meal isn't a stretch for catfish-

Comment

The Europeans eat them- but they also eat snails...I catch and release them- used to fish the ponds and small lakes around Chesapeake and Virginia Beach with UL spinning tackle for them- just to see how big a fish you could catch on 4# test line- nasty looking (smelling) things with rubbery lips- biggest one I caught on Ul was about 38 inches long- 28-35 pounds was my estimated weight- took me a long time of running up and down the bank chasing it when the spool got empty- they were a hoot to catch and they were easy to fish-
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I've eaten them in Ukraine. Pretty tasty actually. But I think it depends on the water quality they grew in and what they were eating (a lot like cats).

Comment

Working...
            X