Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Taco Recipe

My recipe:

Tempura dipped and panko crusted 1" fish cubes (cod or snakehead) salt/pepper , fried in your choice of oil till cooked and golden brown

Prep:
    Shredded cabbage, diced cherry tomatoes, chopped cilantro, sliced avacado, fresh squeezed lime juice

Sauce:
    Combine in blender till smooth - 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, sour cream, little bit of mayo, cilantro and lime juice

Heat tortillas in pan before serving... tortilla, golden crispy fish, shredded cabbage, avacado, tomatoes, cilantro, lime and top with sauce

And one last thing.... a cold cervesa with lime

Enjoy
    Last edited by camelbird; 04-30-2013, 04:26 PM.

Nice! I've found that trout work fine for fish tacos too. I prepare mine similar to yours with a slightly different sauce, but yours sounds better.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I spent a lot of time in the mountains of north carolina, specifically the pisgah national forest, fishing for trout. We would make a fire and cook the fish right next to the river... was a sense of primal enjoyment.

I'm thinking that with the proper camping equipment and pre preparation of the ingredients a shoreline snakehead fish taco fry could take place.

Comment

Or you can just make a fire and cook Snakehead like you do with trout.

Originally posted by camelbird View Post
        I spent a lot of time in the mountains of north carolina, specifically the pisgah national forest, fishing for trout. We would make a fire and cook the fish right next to the river... was a sense of primal enjoyment.

I'm thinking that with the proper camping equipment and pre preparation of the ingredients a shoreline snakehead fish taco fry could take place.

Comment

Working...
        X