Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My message to kayak fishing noobs and those that just what specific spots...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the heck...I read through this whole thread and I didn't even get one honey hole!
    Alright, I'll give up my most secret spot...The Chesapeake Bay Big stripers there!

I'm cautious of putting stuff right out online, but the guys that fish with me know I have no problem sharing whatever I can. When we go to their place, they do the same for me so I'm just returning the favor.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

Originally posted by chexone View Post
      I'm in serious need of exact GPS coordinates w/ pics to catch my first spot. Someone help!!!!!

I enjoy all reports... secret spot or not.
      you may need to resort to seal bombs and hand grenades
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

The right side piling at the entrance of PLO Mike- double bottom rig, small hooks 1/2 oz. sinker and small pieces of bloodworms
        Last edited by ronaultmtd; 05-22-2013, 07:05 AM.
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by chexone View Post
          I'm in serious need of exact GPS coordinates w/ pics to catch my first spot. Someone help!!!!!
          I will be making my first center console trip of the year this weekend and plan to do some exploratory bottom fishing on hard bottoms between Sandy Pt and Thomas Pt (Hacketts, Tollys, Thomas Pt, etc). Typically, the spot are uncommon this early. In another few weeks they will be around in large numbers. Once I find them, I will let you know. You can come along on a bottom fishing trip on the boat or try for spot on your own in your kayak.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
          X