No announcement yet.

Mattawoman Meet & Greet- June 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the protocol concerning inclement weather?

Comment

Count me in little rain never hurt anyone !
      Zach Moore
      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
      Bait Towel Pro Staff
      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

I'll probably be there with a fellow Army buddy on the wife's Yak.
        2013 Jackson Kayak Cuda 12 "Penny"

Comment

Originally posted by BassMoore View Post
          Count me in little rain never hurt anyone !
          It may with the Kilroy without a pump and cockpit cover.

Comment

Count me in also to join the flotilla and lunch at the M&G. Looking forward to meeting all since I am fairly new to the site and always enjoy having new fishing buddies.
            Hobie Revo 13' Tangerine
            CCA- NoVa
            Lifetime Fisherman

Comment

With all the heavy rain predicted for Friday, how will the Mattawoman be affected on Saturday?
              Laura (aka zeebyrd)
              Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Tropical storm Andrea track will wash us out for Saturday- it will no longer be classified as a tropical storm when it gets here but it will still pack a punch-
                "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Is there a benefit to one of the launch sites? I've never fished mattawoman so literally know nothing about it.

Comment

Slavins has a very nice boat launch ramp and has a kayak launch fixture off to the right side of the creek- under the 225 bridge you launch off the mud creek bank with a wooden board kayak launch fixture- I went swimming there last year when my foot slipped on the mud-
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Just checked the weather for the first time this week since I am in Minnesota til Friday. Saturday is looking good at this point so while conditions might be muddy I'm still going to give it a go. That is... If my plane is able to fly in on Friday!
                      Shane
                      Hobie Outback

Comment

I just saw the weather report and it looks like the storm will be gone by Saturday. Since the water will be stained, bring some bottom rigs and chicken tenders, worms to get some pullage.

Comment

Well got the goahead from my wife to attend my first ever meet & Greet so count me in...
                          Last edited by docfreer; 06-06-2013, 09:52 AM.
                          JACKSON COOSA

Comment

Questions for those who have been there on weekends:
                            What time is best for launch?
                            Looks like limited parking below and also in lot above for boat trailers is there another place or is this adequate?
                            Is there any other local bass tourney going on this weekend there?

Comment

I am coming for the snakeys. So I have weedless popper plug and plan to fish it slow and noisy. Last year the buzzbaits got missed on the blow up. I plan to give them plenty of time to hit it properly.
                              "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Originally posted by On the fly View Post
                                Questions for those who have been there on weekends:
                                What time is best for launch?
                                Looks like limited parking below and also in lot above for boat trailers is there another place or is this adequate?
                                Is there any other local bass tourney going on this weekend there?
                                Plenty of parking availability.. even if there is a bass tournament it takes place from Smallwood state park and not slavins.

Comment

Working...
                                X