No announcement yet.

How slow do you troll?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, one of my favorite fall season lures is a fresh water lure. Sorry, I don't recall the exact model, but it is rated for 7-15' in depth. It is a glass rap in glass shad or glass ghost color, or something like that. It will match the size of the peanut bunker in the fall of the year. The stripers are pigging out on these small bunker that time of year. I swap out the LM bass hooks for 3X or 4X, with the belly hook being red of the same size as the original and the tail hook in black or galvanized in one size larger. The regular LM bass type hooks sometime bend out with stripers.

As far as suspending, that is also written on the box, floating, sinking, susepnding.

Comment

Just checked the box for the Xrap Magnum 15s and 20s I ordered... doesn't say if they float or suspend anywhere. I'm guessing they float?
      Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
      Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
      Northern Pike: 24 inches
      Crappie: 12 inches
      Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

the number indicates the depth in feet to which it dives

Comment

I would imagine that they suspend or sink. I looked at the specs on the Rapala web site and they get much heavier as they get larger. Being plastic they probably sink. However, just give it a test the next time you go fishing. Just set in the water and watch. In any event, they dive deep when trolled.

Comment

on the boat we troll 2-4 knots for rockfish, for macs we troll 7-9 knots, 3.5 it to slow for macs. i dont troll much on my yak except for perch with small twister tails, and i tried trolling for rockfish but constat paddleing wasnt fun, im sure its better with the pedal kayaks or trolling motor ones.

Comment

Kevin Fry paddles his big wide body dual yak tirelessly for hours trolling with Bill, Mike and I (all peddle yakers) and he catches as many if not more than we do- just takes a little getting used to-
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
              X