August Meet and Greet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August Meet and Greet

I see that I am scheduled to host the August Meet and Greet on the Upper Potomac. Due to my family vacation schedule, we will need to have the meet and greet on August 17th. Any problems with the August 17th date?

If August 17th works for people, I will look into a place where we could eat lunch afterwards.

Right now I'm thinking that the Meet and Greet will launch from the Brunswick, MD ramp on the Potomac River. Whoever shows up can arrange a shuttle for a nice float down to the Lander ramp and transport back. Alternatively, you can paddle up river and float back to the ramp, or go anyplace you want and return to Brunswick, MD for lunch.

To help with planning, please note if you are coming to fish and if you will be staying for (lunch).

Honestly, it's such a fun place to fish I'm not going to want to stop and eat lunch.......but since I'm hosting I'll pull myself from the river to socialize with whoever wants to eat with me.

Thanks,

Tom
    Eat lunch at El Sloppy Tacos around 1:00pm
    41.67%
    Keep fishing and eat on your own.
    58.33%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by DanMarino; 07-11-2013, 12:24 PM.

I'm planning to be there, it'll be my 1st meet and greet. I'll stay for lunch though I'm happy to bring a lunch and fish more! Also, I've got a pickup truck and can help haul boats back up river if needed.

Thanks for organizing!
    -Mike
    Mike
    Feelfree Lure 11.5
    Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Where is Landers Ramp, and how far is it from Brunswick? I can't locate it on google map. Are there any commercial shuttle operations available?

Comment

I plan on making it out that day. I'm OK either way about lunch - bring it or meet somewhere. Either way I think it would be good to if we had a chance to eat together so there's a chance to shoot the breeze.
        I have a pickup and can help with transporting/shuttles. Sounds like fun.

Comment

Originally posted by russ498 View Post
          Where is Landers Ramp, and how far is it from Brunswick? I can't locate it on google map. Are there any commercial shuttle operations available?
          See the link below for information on the Lander Ramp.

http://www.dnr.maryland.gov/boating/...Frederick7.pdf

I have Brunswick circled in red. Lander is about 3.80 miles down river (see Lander on the map on the Maryland side right below where the river bends to the south).

Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Is this section of the river too shallow for a hobie mirage drive? I can see a lot of rocks on google maps.

Comment

My advice is to not bring a hobie on this trip.

Comment

I'm down!
                2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Count me in! I'm good for bringing lunch or going to lunch.

Comment

Dang. Was trying to make it to one of these, but I'll be in Kiptopeke going after cobia that weekend. I'll keep my schedule open for the september one!
                    Nick Merrill
                    Wilderness Systems Ride 115

"My goal is to someday be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I'm in. I'll put it on my Calendar. It'll be my first meet and greet too! I can't turn down any chance to float this stretch. I will have an extra slot for a yak on my SUV for shuttling. I second that you probably don't want to use Hobies with Mirage drive on this trip.
                      Hurricane Skimmer 128
                      WS Pamlico 100

Comment

I guess I will pass. I don't want to donate my mirage drive to the water gods.

Comment

Can't thse mirage drives be pulled up or something. You can only use a mirage drive boat with the mirage drive?
                          Hurricane Skimmer 128
                          WS Pamlico 100

Comment

You can pull the fins close to the hull during operation but that would not spare them from damage if you were to collide with large submerged river rocks.

Or you can remove the fins entirely and rely on your paddle.

Brunswick and the area immediately downstream is actually very shallow during normal stream flows and suitable for wading.

Mark
                            Mark
                            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Good, just take em off. You won't be needing them for this float. There are areas that are wadable, there are ledges, that you have to go over, and there are also some pretty deep holes too.
                              Hurricane Skimmer 128
                              WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Working...
                              X