No announcement yet.

congratulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TJs blue one is pretty sharp also, what a deal some guy rented it for a week so they sold it as used a little over 1000.00 im jealous

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
      ha 1 of the reasons i got the yak was to get some exercise, it will be a few more years before i get the geezer yak
      Geezer! I get all my excercise from cranking in all the numbers of big fish that I catch.

Hey, earlier on, I read about that one week rental on that kayak. That is a good deal. I am just boat paranoid. Nothing that an orange flag won't improve. Great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
        Congrats, the red is nice. Bright colors are best, so the boats can see you. Good luck with those big fish. Trolling will now be easier.

As soon as I can find a deal on a yellow pro angler, I am going to get a Hobie. I'll use the E-volution electric, with the peddles as a back-up and a paddle as a back-up to the back-up. Wow, speaking of redundancy.

Good Luck.
        Learned something interesting yesterday while visiting with MOC, Surfdog and TJ at the easton shop. Kevin, the salesman, told us he teaches kayak skills for the YMCA and does shows for OK and old town, he says what boaters see first is your paddle and/or fishing rod flashing, not the boat. Maybe because the boat is low in the water?

He suggest reflective tape on your paddles plus your boat, might even be worth it to wrap some around your fishing rod. Of course a flag/light always helps.

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
          thats why i have a revolution Dude
          Ok ....... now I'm REALLY missing it .......... didn't know the guys got Hobies and now I don't know what you meant about the geezer boat .......

Comment

the electric ones, just kidding of course, i was looking in to the torquito to go on the rudder of my revo. going to wait and see what new tec. comes out next year
            Last edited by surfdog; 01-23-2011, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Congrats to all on your new rides, Ictalurus, Metroman, TJ, MOC, and Foursteps24. Can't wait to hookup with you Guys, its going to be a GREAT Season!

GB.

Comment

Originally posted by eastonkayaker View Post
                Learned something interesting yesterday while visiting with MOC, Surfdog and TJ at the easton shop. Kevin, the salesman, told us he teaches kayak skills for the YMCA and does shows for OK and old town, he says what boaters see first is your paddle and/or fishing rod flashing, not the boat. Maybe because the boat is low in the water?

He suggest reflective tape on your paddles plus your boat, might even be worth it to wrap some around your fishing rod. Of course a flag/light always helps.
                I am a flag guy. I also carry a small air horn. I'll take any advantage that I can get. The brighter the hull color the better for me. Like I said, I am boat paranoid. Some of the guys at our marina, who have been boat fishing on the South River, have told me that the first thing they see of me is my visapole flag. The visapole also has relective tape. So I know that works. I use all the tricks. The one good thing is that you can hear boats comming from along way off. Advantage, Kayak!

Comment

Memory, are you geezing!

Comment

Originally posted by Grady-Black View Post
                    Real Men paddle :-))
                    GB
                    I knew I always liked you, even when Jim complained about your non-fish

Comment

and baby fish

Comment

Maryland Kayak Fishing members have been putting a dent in the inventory over there at Easton. Glad to see everyone taking advantage of a great sale, and supporting the local shop! Congrats on the new rides. Cant wait to fish with you all this summer!
                        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Congratulations guys, looks like the hobie fleet is growing substantially this year... I'd say I would be fishing back behind you guys with Wayne, but he books out there. I'll just have to work on batting cleanup and see if I can't catch one of those lethargic lazy fish that prefers slow orange kayaks and way too many fishing rods...
                          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I'll want to see all of these strong running kayaks out there for tropy rock season. Sounds like a deep water plastic navy now. Should be a fun season.

Comment

Thanks! Congratz Moc, that red hobie looked good ontop of your truck going over the Narrows. I cant wait to get out and break it in, will be quite a plastic armada this year..

Comment

I'm waiting to see how much hobie apparel you guys sport now. The guys in ny had shirts, hats, bags, etc. I'm afraid to peddle one, I was tempted, maybe next year...
                                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X