X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCAMD Red Trout Catch and Release Tournament September 7-8

66.jpg

September 7-8

going to be a fun early September with this and CBKA tourney!

click here for info---> http://www.ccamd.org/?p=1814
    sigpic

Just made my morning. This is right in my back yard, in my home waters. I am definetly in. This should be a lot of fun, I had a lot of success there last fall.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Goddamnit. Another tournament I can't do. List is now CBKA, TKAA, CCA and Hobie Worlds. I hate being deployed.

Everyone should do this regardless of skill level. The more involvement from our community the better. Maybe this could be a meet greet event? The more of us that show up the more inclined groups like CCA and MSSA will be to include kayak divisions and the prizes will get better and better.

Where's the tournament crowd? Richard? Grilled? Chimo?
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I am hosting the September M&G. If it is all the same to everyone else, I am up for changing the location from Deale Island to Crisfield, in order to fish this event. The drive isn't much further (approximately 15 minutes more) and there are better dining/lodging options in Crisfield.

I know everyone's time is valuable, so I would rather see a good turn out for this, then a random weekend. Please let me know how you all feel about the possible change? Again, the travel difference between Deale Island and Crisfield is insignificant, it is the change of date that is my concern.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Marking this one down on my calendar!
          Brian

Comment

Does any know the boundaries for this tourney?
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Hobie Revolution 13
              Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                Goddamnit. Another tournament I can't do. List is now CBKA, TKAA, CCA and Hobie Worlds. I hate being deployed.
                Sorry you're gonna miss these events, Jack! I'm not happy you're being deployed, either. And all your compatriots as well!

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                Everyone should do this regardless of skill level. The more involvement from our community the better. Maybe this could be a meet greet event? The more of us that show up the more inclined groups like CCA and MSSA will be to include kayak divisions and the prizes will get better and better.
                +Infinity and beyond!

As you guys know, CBKA supports CCA MD with our September event. CCA has asked us to assist with the kayak division. We're working on sponsors. Changing the M&G to this event is perfect! As Jack said, the more involvement from our community the better.

What you may not know is that there are NO commercial limits on speckled trout in Maryland other than a 12" size limit!!! See the regs here:

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries...p?c=commercial

CCA is working to bring attention to these species as a viable recreational target in Maryland waters and needs to show the MD State Assembly there is recreational interest. Positive recreational participation may convince delegates to vote for limits. (both recreational and commercial)

Let's do this event!

Comment

I'm all in both days. Like Shady mentioned, boundaries would be nice. Launch points as well. I am all for calling this the September M&G.

John, those are the commercial regulations. The minimum size for recreational fishing for specks is something like 14" or 15" and a limit of 10 fish per person per day.
                  Last edited by echo5oscar; 07-25-2013, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by echo5oscar View Post
                    John, those are the commercial regulations. The minimum size for recreational fishing for specks is something like 14" or 15" and a limit of 10 fish per person per day.
                    Right! The lack of any reasonable commercial regs is a problem. Especially if I'm a speckled trout! Comms can take EVERY trout they catch over 12". Huh!?!?

Rec regs are 10 per day at 14". So, the only creel limit is on recreational anglers.

http://www.eregulations.com/maryland...ession-limits/

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                      Does any know the boundaries for this tourney?

NO boundaries. Find a launch and go! Just get back by check in.

CCA is also working to arrange mothership ferrys for us kayakers. Please note, this would be an additional cost to be determined. They are talking to Smith Island school and ferry operators. Post up if any interest in this...!

Comment

Ahh. Now I see what you mean.

I'd be interested in the ferry/mothership part. Let us know if you find out more about it.

Also, the rules don't really specify, but would we be able to fish at night? Or is it a 0600 start on both mornings?

Comment

I'd may be interested in the mothership depending on the specifics.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                          2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Im in!
                            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by echo5oscar View Post
                              Also, the rules don't really specify, but would we be able to fish at night? Or is it a 0600 start on both mornings?
                              6AM start on both days. Gotta be back and in line to check in your pics by 3PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X