• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hawg trough will work also!
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

No need for CCA ruler so I will not have extras with me. Please let me know if that will be a problem for anyone
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Thanks, just wanted to check in case I accidentally catch something worth measuring and didn't want it to not be accepted.

I usually just have 0.50 cent yard stick with me but figured I wouldn't be able to hold the fish on it to get an accurate picture without having to go to shore every time, so I basically took on old plastic tube I had, cut it like a hawg trough, capped one end, and lined it with a Mustad sticker measuring tape I already had.

Looking forward to this and hope to meet some new folks, good luck everyone!
        Brian

Comment

That should work well! If you want one of the CCA rulers she has them in the front office at Tyler's Motel. I am in room 4 if anyone is around tomorrow.
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Word on the street is that someone that posted in this thread is leading the tournament...
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
              Word on the street is that someone that posted in this thread is leading the tournament...
              CB Kayak 02 4th place 84.75"
              Stupidjet 3rd place 85.5"

1234274_10152255119288228_870158849_n.jpg
              Slobber Bob 2nd Place 86"

1234434_10152255119293228_2037672619_n.jpg
              Grilled 1st Place 92" and Big Trout 25"

Most of the top kayak scores also beat all the boat scores!!! Kayak fishing earned a lot of respect at this event. Nice work guys.

Comment

Too cool :-) congrats guys!
                feelfree Moken 12.5

Comment

way to go guys
                  D Hawk
                  Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
                  Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Way to go guys. You made MKF proud! Wish I could be there.

Comment

Nice catching! Congrats guys!
                      Sun Fishin'

Comment

CCA put on a great tourney. I hope to see it become an annual event. There was talk that they may organize one in the spring also. It was also great to see the kayakers lay the smack down on the boats fishing. Out of over 100 participants, to have the top 3-4 spots were represented by yakers (and MKF at that) was nice to see.

Here are a few pics of Friday. They are just lap shots. I brought the nice camera to take some more pics of other things, but honestly we were just fishing too hard to stop and enjoy much else. The competetive juices were flowing that for sure. My largest 4 (on Friday) went 77.5 inches which may have been enough for 5th and shows how good the kayak anglers in this event did. Saturday was a bit tougher. We changed locations to be closer to Crisfield and paid for it. Smaller class of fish.....total around 40".

And oh yeah....congrats Mike!!!
                        Last edited by RavensDfense; 09-09-2013, 11:59 AM.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
                        Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Way to lay the smack down guys!!
                          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Way to go fellas!! They should change the format to yaks vs. boats! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
                              Way to go fellas!! They should change the format to yaks vs. boats! LOL

CONGRATS!!! but last thing we need is powerboats following us around,..

Comment

It sure was a good showing from the kayak division! Tony, tourney leader from CCA, said to me several times how impressed he was with the way the kayaks were crushing the boats. More than a few of those boats were being captained by professional guides from the local area as well. Good job all, especially Mike! I know I had a lot of fun fishing and meeting some more members from here. Hope this tournament, and fishery for that matter, continues next year.

You couldn’t beat the weather Saturday. Sunny, warm, and favorable winds. I stayed local to Crisfield and fished the Frenchtown area. Launched off the side of the road and paddled out a creek into the bigger water just in time for the 6 am start. I picked up 2 scoring fish in the first 15 minutes as I trolled my way to the first spot I wanted to target. Thought I was going to burn them up from there. Not so, as I went another 5 hours until I found some more trout, but when I did, I got into a ‘blitz’ catching 5 more in about 20 minutes from one spot. I was able to get 3 score worthy fish and bumped out a smaller one from the morning. I was satisfied, and once the bite stopped, I moved on in search of one last jumbo to help beef my score up but only caught rat bass around 13 – 14” and one larger at 23” that crushed a top water from a grass flat in 2ft of water. I swore that it was going to be a red. Probably the only time I was disappointed to see a bass!

P1020549.jpgP1020554.jpgP1020556.jpgP1020560.jpg

Sunday we woke up to clouds, waves, and the wind whipping. I tried the same area as Saturday but had to seek out shelter the best I could. Dink blues bite off my grub tails and rat bass continued to find me. Knowing 92+” was the target for the day, the conditions made it look pretty grim for achieving that. Than around 10, the wind lied down and sun came out and it was like a completely different day. Back out to the area I hit the day before I went. Got another 23” bass off a grass flat and plenty of rats around the points. Then late in the game I hooked a pair of 21 ½” trout back to back that gave me a little hope. All I needed to do was catch a pair of 25”ers and I'm golden I thought to myself (as if that would ever happen!!).

P1020572.jpgP1020574.jpg

Alas, time ran out and I ended up with my best scoring day being 86 7/8” on Saturday. Luckily, it was just enough to hang on by the skin of my teeth for second. Caught nine trout, a ton of 14" bass, and two bass at 23" for the weekend. Never hooked into or even saw a red in the area I fished. But again, I had a blast and hope to run into some of you again sometime! Sorry for the hand over the fish in the pictures but I didn't want any flopping over as I snapped pics!

...And Bud if you read this... I know where your bucket is... P1020567.jpg
                                Last edited by Slobber Bob; 09-09-2013, 02:20 PM.
                                Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X