Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anchor trolley for prowler trident 13 HELP!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdmakaira410 View Post
    sorry to change the subject. hey kevin, whats the deal with the black paint on the topsides of your boats? glare reduction?
    yep thats it, it started on my tour boats, then i started doing to my fishing boats. for the glare of the bright kayaks, i only do the forward deck so from my perspective its a dark kayak and for others on the water im in a bright kayak.

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
      I cast with my right, and my trolley is on my right. I troll with my rod on the right and keep my paddle on my left. I couldn't really put the trolley where I keep my paddle, but I didn't really think about it much.

Hey Sam, where did you put the cam cleat on the Revo?
      on the right side just above the H in the hobie decal

Comment

How do you guys keep the trolley from moving when anchored? It looks like there's a cleat to secure the anchor line, but what about the trolley line?

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

The trolley line really doesn't move because the anchor line is going through it. The tension on the anchor line keeps everything in place, at least for me.
          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
            The trolley line really doesn't move because the anchor line is going through it. The tension on the anchor line keeps everything in place, at least for me.
            yep

Comment

The current will keep your trolley in place, even if you hook-up directly. I you do run your anchor line through the hook, make sure you keep any excess anchor line stowed, or you will learn as I did that bad things can happen. A fish, a crankbait, and excess line, treble hooks tend to find everything in a kayak, including extra line, not to mention waders. Lesson learned, use fish grippers.

Comment

Working...
              X