Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got a kayak for Christmas, never had one before, been fishing all my life, looking forward to getting it out on the water. 7 foot patomac. just the bare bones right now, will be looking to personalize it. Just wanted to say hello to all and its good to be here. Danno

Welcome. Try to make the January 11, Meet & Greet at Bass Pro, if you can. Lots of information and great people.

Comment

Merry Christmas Danno.

Buzz here. I joined this past October. Good group of people here.
      Welcome aboard.
      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Welcome aboard
        Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
        Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Danno,

Nice to have you with us.

Welcome to Snaggedline and to kayak fishing.

Mark
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

it was a lot of fun when i was renting but my wife couldnt see me paying for someone elses kayak, so that was my christmas. looks great, and also looks like it CAN get expensive. i will have to contain myself to getting the essentials first.....Danno

Comment

Originally posted by Danno Mattice View Post
              it was a lot of fun when i was renting but my wife couldnt see me paying for someone elses kayak, so that was my christmas. looks great, and also looks like it CAN get expensive. i will have to contain myself to getting the essentials first.....Danno
              Welcome and Merry Christmas!

It certainly can get expensive but doesn't necessarily need to. I did really well in 2012 with just a basic sit-in, a milk crate, and my existing gear. A lot depends on what you want to do. For now, I'd suggest you just get out and have some fun. You can always add on or trade up later if you need(want) to.
              LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
              Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

i am positive that this is the best advice....then i can see how it handles, how my bottom feels after sitting in their brand seat, how the wind is treating me (which i already know i hate to be blown off a hot spot after 2 casts). this kayak may be the test bed for whats to come later, who knows....but for now, it on to the fun of enjoying the fishing from a kayak.....thanks. Danno

Comment

Welcome and relatively new here as well.. I have learned alot and look forward to learning alot more.. where do you typically fish?

Comment

Welcome, Have fun and be safe.

Comment

Welcome aboard...lot of posts here you can explore that covers just about any kayak fishing question you could ever think of in the archives...from how to self rescue recover, to carbon paddles, to rigging for tog....and everything in between...
                      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

New to site kayak fishing 3 years, so much better having your own because you can go as you please.

That bad thing is you can never seem to have enough stuff.

Have fun and be safe!

Comment

Welcome Danno! Another great feature of this site...you can learn to fish year round if you can handle the winter. On any given day...someone is out there kayak fishing!
                          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                          2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Danno, kayak fishing is addictive. You will want a new kayak next year once you figure out where and how you like to fish.

So, where do you think you will be fishing and what species do you think you will target?

My favorite fishing is on the Upper Potomac River going after smallmouth bass.

Comment

Originally posted by daolai View Post
                              Welcome and relatively new here as well.. I have learned alot and look forward to learning alot more.. where do you typically fish?
                              well, i live in sykesville on the other side of the woods from liberty res, shore fished there, walk through the woods trail and there within about 10 minutes or less. but the kayaking that i did, only a few times was at Piney run....some good bass in there. dunno ifn i will get pass for liberty for the kayak though cause of the mussell thing....Danno

Comment

Working...
                              X