Humminbird Resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moc View Post
    I like the larger screens around 5 inches. You get higher definition, the screen is easier for me to see. I have the Navionics charts, so the larger screen allows me to see the contours and direction of the holes since my unit has GPS. I also use the split screen for the current depth information and I have the GPS on. So, for how I use my fishfinder, the larger screen is better for me.
    I see your point.

Before and after the M&G on Saturday I looked over the Fishfinders at BPS. Glad I did. The 386ci has a small but adequate screen, if only it had a slightly higher resolution. It looked a bit pixelated compared to the 587ci HD and the 597ci HD. Guess that HD really makes a difference. Now I just have to figure out how much I want to spend. Found the 386ci for $266 but for only $73 more I can get the 587ci which a bigger screen plus the HD resolution.

When it comes to the 587ci HD vs the 597ci HD, they look about the same. The 587ci HD has the slightly smaller screen at 4.5", yet its mounted in the same size case as the 597ci HD. That's a little annoying. You'd think the smaller screen would yield a smaller unit. Kind of makes me want to get the 597 just because it doesn't save any space to get the 587. But I just don't think that extra half inch of screen is worth another $100.
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Working...
    X