Weekend Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Fishing

Saturday looks to be pretty nice(Prolly just jinxed it) But is anyone fishing? Looking for some ideas/still searching for my first rock of the year.

Foursteps and I were planning on working the Patuxent, launching out of Jug Bay.

One day soon I want/need to do a shakedown trolling trip to get things prepared for show time.
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I agree, Saturday looks like the better day of the weekend. Rain is expected Sat night into Sunday.... at least as of now. We know how quickly things can change for the better or worst.

Metroman, what are you shooting for at Jugs Bay? What bait are you bringing?

Comment

I'm heading to Smith Mountain Lake to do some fw striper jigging. I am also taking my trolling rigs for a water test to see how they swim. The lake is full of submerged forests so I probably won't got for real depth, just want to check drag.

Hopefully I'll find a school of them this time! Good luck to you guys! I'm so glad the weather is finally getting tolerable!
        Last edited by Redfish12; 03-01-2011, 03:44 PM.
        Used to fish more.

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
          I agree, Saturday looks like the better day of the weekend. Rain is expected Sat night into Sunday.... at least as of now. We know how quickly things can change for the better or worst.

Metroman, what are you shooting for at Jugs Bay? What bait are you bringing?
          Gonna check for YP. The plan is to use worms and minnows. Where can I get live minnows from around here?

Comment

We are going for White perch, catfish, and some Yellow Perch. This time of year and definately later in the month this is prime real estate for WP. I've never been this early in march but layer in the month is when they will be in full fledge and guaranteed some good luck. Yes too many things are not guaranteed but from past experience the spring WP are excellent and easy to catch. Never fished this area this early in March but have heard that some nice YP come through here a couple weeks before the WP are thick which is now. There is a free boat ramp. Also if you have small kids there is a small pier there as well. As far as catfish you can catch these in this area all year round.

Comment

I think there was a bait shop that sold minnow and grass shrimp near Wayson's Corner called C&EJ's Ammo Tackle and Bait. I have not been there in a long time.

Comment

It used to be but they have been closed for a couple years now. Now that I think about it they probably are closed due to the fact that there is another one when you make the left off of Rt. 4 to go to Chesapeake Beach. Hhhhmmmm they may have some ........

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                  Gonna check for YP. The plan is to use worms and minnows. Where can I get live minnows from around here?
                  Maybe if I am free on Saturday, I may join you two. It will be nice to make a shorter trip local for fish other than the Susky and the Eastern shore.

Comment

Should get out there around 12:30-1:00. hit us up if you are coming out

Comment

Watch out MetroMan these guys are looking to be towed )

Comment

LMAO!!

Jay, I'll try to look up the info for that shop

Comment

OK.

Comment

i am launching out of patuxent park also on sat

Comment

Are you referring to Patuxent River Park? If so that is the same location we are launching which goes by Jug Bay as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X