No announcement yet.

Potomac @ Wilson bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh, frozen most of the time. Sometimes I have to hold it in the water just to thaw it out enough to get on a hook. I have some that I meant to cook a few days ago for tommorow so I will see if it works any better.

I buy the big bag of chicken breast at Costco and pull a few pieces out the night before I fish or plan to grill. My wife thinks it strange that we eat what I now call bait for dinner.
    Jim

Hobie Outback
    TKAA member
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Thanks Shady and Rockchaser. We are going to give it a shot tomorrow further down the Potomac. I'm off to the grocery store for bait!
      Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Where are you guys looking to go?
        Jim

Hobie Outback
        TKAA member

Comment

Good luck today guys. Change of plans for me and I will be fishing out there tomorrow morning. Let us know how you guys do if you head out today.

Comment

Nuthn
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

+1
              Nothing but ice flowing down river.
              Jim

Hobie Outback
              TKAA member

Comment

Oh boy if you guys can't catch anything maybe I can foul hook something

Comment

Originally posted by Rockchaser View Post
                  Where are you guys looking to go?
                  We fished the warm water discharge down by the 301 bridge. One White Perch, one Striper (about 24") on a jig but no luck with the blue cats. We were dodging the rafts of floating ice all day.
                  Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Fished this morning and the warmer weather may have helped get them moving a bit. Not too much ice and the river was super calm. Did manage 4 or so cats with the largest being 33.5 inches.20140202_093702.jpg20140202_110122.jpgcatfish.jpg
                    Last edited by daolai; 02-02-2014, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Nice. What a difference a day can make. I was starting to mark more fish on the FF by mid afternoon but they still had lock jaw.
                      One of the big ice floats that came down filled the gap from the first wall to the fishing pier. It made a lot of noise as it folded over on its self and sent to couple fishing from the pier running. They said it shook so bad they thought it might fall in.
                      I hope the fishing picks up quicy out there.
                      Jim

Hobie Outback
                      TKAA member

Comment

Nice daolai! Kicking myself in the butt...I was thinking of going, but Shady and Jim turned me off after the grim report.

Originally posted by daolai View Post
                        Fished this morning and the warmer weather may have helped get them moving a bit. Not too much ice and the river was super calm. Did manage 4 or so cats with the largest being 33.5 inches.[ATTACH=CONFIG]10758[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10759[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10760[/ATTACH]
                        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Still not on fire but glad you got into a few. Hopefully that's a sign of even better fishing ahead!
                          Ryan
                          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
                          X