No announcement yet.

Key Bridge warm water discharge Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snaggedline member volunteers will be on hand at Bass Pro both Sat and Sun to talk to interested persons about kayak fishing. In addition, I will give a one-hour seminar on Getting Started in Kayak Fishing as part of the formal seminar series. The seminars will be by the fish tanks. My talk is at 1:00 pm on Sunday, March 1.

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
    Hey man...something going on at BP on those dates? I work right around the corner. I may head over Tuesday after work.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
      Alan ........ congrats on a GREAT day ........

......... guys ....... PLEASE be very careful with those fish .......... they are the future of our dwindling stocks of enjoyment ....... you can see how full of eggs they are ............ Glad you had good luck ........ SUPER glad they hit others for keeping them .........
      Agreed. I took pics of two fish but the others never left the water to keep them safe.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
      Alan

Comment

Great pics. Nice fish.
        Making me antsy. But it will have to wait until after Mardi Gras.
        2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
        Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Took off work today and headed back to the spot. Unfortunately, It's the old case of "here today, gone tomorrow." The piles of shad were gone although I did find a couple pockets of them, but not in the same numbers. I foul hooked a few, but no stripers. It was cool being out in the snow, but it had gotten really cold and I'd had enough after a few hours. I guess that one warm day got things going and this cold snap put a stop to it...what a shame.

Also, every time I go to fort armistead there are a couple of cars just parked there with a single person inside. Sometimes they are in the lot and sometimes along the road leading to the lot. It seems pretty shady to me. Not sure why anyone would pick such a secluded random place to sit in their car. I'm calling shenanigans.

Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Unfortunately, It's the old case of "here today, gone tomorrow."
            That's the way the fish flops. The HH-WWD is famous for that too. I've had 2 major catching days there over the years for nice stripers, lots of them too. I returned the following day foaming at the mouth with anticipation only to get totally skunked.
            Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

I'm calling shenanigans.
              Tell him I said "Hey!"
              2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
              Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Took off work today and headed back to the spot. Unfortunately, It's the old case of "here today, gone tomorrow." The piles of shad were gone although I did find a couple pockets of them, but not in the same numbers. I foul hooked a few, but no stripers. It was cool being out in the snow, but it had gotten really cold and I'd had enough after a few hours. I guess that one warm day got things going and this cold snap put a stop to it...what a shame.

Also, every time I go to fort armistead there are a couple of cars just parked there with a single person inside. Sometimes they are in the lot and sometimes along the road leading to the lot. It seems pretty shady to me. Not sure why anyone would pick such a secluded random place to sit in their car. I'm calling shenanigans.
                YAKFISH... Do you mind sharing what type of rig you're trolling with? Maybe a picture of your set up?

I am putting together my rigs but I think they will be way too heavy. I am basing everything off of my regular rolling gear from a boat. Each rig being in the 20-30 oz, to get them down deep.

Comment

Originally posted by vballbach View Post
                  YAKFISH... Do you mind sharing what type of rig you're trolling with? Maybe a picture of your set up?

I am putting together my rigs but I think they will be way too heavy. I am basing everything off of my regular rolling gear from a boat. Each rig being in the 20-30 oz, to get them down deep.
                  Simple rapala minnows was all I needed that day. The next day, nada, so you may have to experiment. I have a set of go to lures and the rapalas are one of them. I went light tackle. Jigging was also popular on standard bass assasins.

Kokatat Pro Staff
                  Torqeedo Pro Staff
                  Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

I've always fished this place from my friend's boat, although it has been several years since I've been there. Where would be the best place to launch a yak? My friend suggested Stoney Creek, but I'm not exactly sure where.
                    Wish I would've gone out today. Will try and give it a shot after the blow.
                    Native Slayer 12
                    Native Ultimate

Comment

I would launch at Ft Armistead under the Key Bridge. Somewhat of a safe place just be sure to lock your vehicle
                      Tom Brown
                      Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                      2012 Hobie PA 14'
                      Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                      2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Eck. Forgot about leaving my vehicle. Last time I was there, I walked past a car and some dude was sitting in the drivers seat tickling his Elmo.
                        Last edited by gliebig; 03-11-2014, 05:23 PM.
                        Native Slayer 12
                        Native Ultimate

Comment

Ft armistead isnt all that bad really.. alot of traffic in and out of there.. ive launched there about 30 times.. 10 or more by my self.. and come in during the night and never had a problem.
                          Zach Moore
                          Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                          Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                          Bait Towel Pro Staff
                          2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                          YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

I ditto Bassmore... I use it alot as does DaddyG and a few others. I never felt "unsafe" I'm just saying that its a remote area and crackheads DO visit the area along with the pervs. Just saying its best to be sure to secure your vehicle... Take it for what its worth. I will most likely launch there about a dozen times this year just as I have in the past. Its an awesome fishery in the Key Bridge area
                            Tom Brown
                            Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                            2012 Hobie PA 14'
                            Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                            2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Working...
                            X