No announcement yet.

Potomac river help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure would hope they wouldn't charge more than $5.
    Been some years since I was there.

If you're on the VA side you could just launch from the shoreline (though I'm not sure where you would park).
    From the MD side, I guess you'd have to pay unless you want to launch at Edwards Ferry and paddle upstream.
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Can't launch from the VA side of where White's Ferry crosses. Posted land with steep bank.

Comment

I fish the chain bridge area a lot from shore. With the water level the way it is now it's not really feasible from a kayak. The current is insane. I've fished a few times from a rental boat kayak and canoe. Blue cat fishing will be amazing in another week or so. As well as the stripers and shad that will be moving in. I'd love to meet up with a few of you guys and catch some monsters one day( get towed around like an idiot by a BIG cat) hopefully this river slows soon. Fletchers is the only real place to launch to fish that area.

Comment

Hello there. I usualy fish the Fletchers area and I got few 30+ lbs cats there fishing from shore. Tomorrow morning I'm going around that area to fish for 2 hours before I go to work. I wont take my kayak out unfortunately becauee I have to work at 10:30..but I will post pictures when I come back wi th the river and fish hopefully. Is gonna be the first time fishing in 2014
          2014 Sun Dolphin Bali 10 SS

Comment

Working...
          X