• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plastic boat View Post
    Right

Here is what I found on visual distress lights

Electric Distress Light for Boats
    The electric distress light is accepted for night use only and must automatically flash the international SOS distress signal, which is three short flashes, three long flashes, and three short flashes. Flashed four to six times each minute, this is an unmistakable distress signal, well known to most boaters. The device can be checked any time for serviceability if shielded from view.

NOTE: An ordinary flashlight is not acceptable since it must be manually flashed and does not normally produce enough candle power.

I carried a electric distress signal a few years ago. Every time I checked it the batteries were dead. Seamed like they lasted 1 trip. that was before LEDS. but the only time it was on was when I checked it.
    Doing some googleing it seems like there aren't any USCG approved lights being produced right now...

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Mine were the ones from Boaters World and West Marine.
      If you turned on the 3 AAA battery one it would only run for about 2 hours. [West Marine]
      The other one I had takes a D cell you can't get an hour out of it [Boaters world]
      both had incandescent bulbs.

I consider them a waste of money. AKA TRASH.

Comment

You can find the official sunrise and sunset times for your area on the DNR tide finder page

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/tides/

Comment

•To fish for Striped Bass by any means or practice catch-and-release of Striped Bass in designated spawning areas from March 1 through May 31.

So does this mean that I cannot go to Susquhana Flats and trol a rig? Even if I catch a striper and release it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-X View Post
            •To fish for Striped Bass by any means or practice catch-and-release of Striped Bass in designated spawning areas from March 1 through May 31.

So does this mean that I cannot go to Susquhana Flats and trol a rig? Even if I catch a striper and release it?
            I'd have to check the MD DNR website again, but I'm pretty sure the designated spawning area is just above Lapidum to the dam.
            -Dan Goddard, 2014 desert camo Jackson Big Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Diesel View Post
              I'd have to check the MD DNR website again, but I'm pretty sure the designated spawning area is just above Lapidum to the dam.
              Correct. spawning area line is a line drawn across the susqy from Lapidum to Port Deposit. The river south of lapidum and the flats to turkey point is C&R right now.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Working...
              X