Mattawoman Saturday the 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattawoman Saturday the 10th

Anyone interested in Meeting up for some spring Snakeheads??? Im considering it... lets see how many are interested...
    Tom
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Well, seeing that the M&G is postponed, I'll be there.

High Tide: 5:11am
    Low Tide: 10:47am
    High Tide: 5:34pm
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

I'm heading there myself this weekend. Around what time Saturday are you thinking?

Comment

I'm there. Time??

Comment

Depends on whether you want to hit the morning outgoing tide or the afternoon incoming tide.

Last Saturday, the people that hit the afternoon outgoing tide outfished those that hit the morning incoming tide.
          So did they do better because of the outgoing tide? Or was it because it was the afternoon? Got me...

That being said, I think I will try my luck in the morning.
          I'll be in the yellow Torque... channel 68.

Comment

I will be at Slavins about 700-730. Havnt checked am tide yet. Will go earlier if tide is earlier. Can be there as soon as dawn breaks. Im in a yellow Ocean Trident carried by a white Chevy Silverado. P/U. Ch. 68 is cool with me. Is slavins ok??
            Tom Brown
            2012 Hobie PA 14'
            Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Sounds good to me.

Comment

I will be there as early as poss. Saturday morning. Buzz, can you please find out the tide information for us.... I dont have alot of free time fromnow till Saturday morning. .. Thank you very much. To everyone else, bring your best snakehead baits and a camera... they gro em big down there. See yall at Slavins early Saturday.
                Tom Brown
                2012 Hobie PA 14'
                Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Wish I could go but the in-laws are coming down for the day. Good luck!
                  Mike

Comment

I'm in. I'll see you guys at Slavin's between 7-7:30 AM. Weather forecast is 40% chance of Showers. winds SW at 8MPH. Low tide at Indian Head is 10:47AM.

I'll be in my MDX with the Lime Green Hurricane Skimmer.
                    Hurricane Skimmer 128
                    WS Pamlico 100

Comment

I may see you guys there tomorrow as I'm fishing for them later today not far from there.

Comment

Im new to this kayak fishing thing... so excuse my noobness...
                        Do you all fish in the rain and thunderstorms ? ?

They are calling for T-storms and High winds... there is even a small craft warning regarding winds..

You all actually still fish in this weather?
                        Sevylor SK100DS Inflatable

Comment

Originally posted by medicyaker View Post
                          I will be there as early as poss. Saturday morning. Buzz, can you please find out the tide information for us....
                          Originally posted by Runnin View Post
                          Weather forecast is 40% chance of Showers. winds SW at 8MPH. Low tide at Indian Head is 10:47AM.
                          That's the time I'm seeing too.
                          Originally posted by DNR Tide Listings for Indian Head, Saturday, May 10th
                          High Tide: 5:11am
                          Low Tide: 10:47am
                          High Tide: 5:34pm

Comment

Originally posted by VuDism View Post
                            Im new to this kayak fishing thing... so excuse my noobness...
                            Do you all fish in the rain and thunderstorms ? ?

They are calling for T-storms and High winds... there is even a small craft warning regarding winds..

You all actually still fish in this weather?
                            Rain and high winds do not stop me from fishing. Those conditions do not even slow me down anymore. Once you get the right gear to wear I actually enjoying fishing in the rain as it usually chases all the bass boats off the water.

Lightning will get me off the water but usually with a thunderstorm it just rolls through an area (and you can wait till it passes).
                            Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

My son and I got caught in a very big lighting storm last year on the Upper Potomac. At the same time, he also got a hook buried deep in his calf that required a visit to an emergency clinic for removal. Getting caught on the water in a lightning storm is no fun. Fishing in regular rain is no problem if dressed properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X