No announcement yet.

Rod Leashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally made some at home, but the store I work at( KI KAyaks) got some in the other day along with some other much needed stuff. So after looking at those I decided to buy 2 of them, whats $10 dollars when you paid over $300 for the rod and reels, also got my eye on the drift anchor and a regular anchor that i never replaced from the one I lost at the Cape H. Also the store has the triple rivets that are hard to find and other rigging goodies.
    Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
    LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

Originally posted by Tucked In View Post
      I finally made some at home, but the store I work at( KI KAyaks) got some in the other day along with some other much needed stuff. So after looking at those I decided to buy 2 of them, whats $10 dollars when you paid over $300 for the rod and reels, also got my eye on the drift anchor and a regular anchor that i never replaced from the one I lost at the Cape H. Also the store has the triple rivets that are hard to find and other rigging goodies.

I stopped by but the store was closed last friday. I needed some rivits

Comment

Yeah that was my fault, A couple of guys got injured at work and I was not able to make it to the store(family first) but pm me if you need anything if in area again, business has been slow so we are only open fri-Sun till the weather turns.
        Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
        LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

I'll stop by in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Came across this while reading the KBF forums:
            http://palmettokayakfishing.blogspot...k-fishing.html

The cable clamps look like they'd be easy to attach/remove, and they're kind of stylish too . There are also marine-grade versions called Sea Clamps.

I've been zip-tying loops on my reels(all spinning reels), and using snap hooks to attach to them to keep my rods attached to my kayak. They weren't marine grade so they locked up after the OC M&G from the saltwater. Maybe I'll switch to using these cable clamps when my snap hooks get completely rusted over.
            Sun Fishin'

Comment

I use the very same leashes- saw them on the DYI You Tube videos- made them from my old cell phone chargers- the plastic clamps should be "marine grade."
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
              X