June 28 th meet and greet on the upper potomac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 28 th meet and greet on the upper potomac

Hi, hopefully the potomac river will settle down to safe levels in the next 10 days so we can all enjoy some great bass fishing . It seems like every meet and greet has been affected by weather or wind since the start of this year. Mother nature has to chill out and take her meds .
    Same deal we will float from Brunswick to Point of Rocks , have a barbecue afterwards and also folks can camp the night before or after at my place .
    I would like to get an idea of who plans on coming so we have enough transportation to get the cars upriver. Also if someone wants to fish in a Jackson Kayaks demo PM me and I can arrange for it.
    Rich
    Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
    Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

I am in. We have had enough weekends with a blown out river in 2014 that the odds have to be in our favor for the 28th.

Here is one from that stretch of river from late 2013 (hopefully she is still there and up to 21" now)

Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

i am in - my son will likely join in - so a Jackson demo would be great

Comment

Im in!
        2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I'm in too
          "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

What time is the put in at Brunswick? Will try to meet up with everyone and introduce myself.

Comment

I'm going to try to make it
              Ascend FS128T

Comment

I guess between 5:30 and 6:30 am to start down river ,as far as lunch I figure it takes about 5- 6 hrs to drift and time to get cars and drive over to my farm I guess lunch would be later between 2- 3 pm if OK with you guys . Rich

Comment

Wish I could make it, but I'll be down at Jefferson Pools that weekend.
                  Hope the river is clear & smooth for you all.

Tight lines.
                  2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                  Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Hopefully we can pick up a few more folks for the Potomac river float next weekend .As of now we have :
                    Turtle135
                    John and son
                    Berto
                    Archery rob
                    Fshxpress
                    Mkalcevic
                    Myself and a friend
                    Also would like to know who is coming to lunch ?
                    Looking forward to it.
                    Rich

Comment

Two more in here, the wife and I. Fishing and lunch. Really think I would like to camp the night before if possible.
                      BTW Should we bring food for the lunch and if so what do you need?

Comment

DonV, you guys are welcome to camp . As far as food we will have burgers ,brats and chicken ,so bring some thing if you want something special. You do have a shower and bathroom available . The directions to my place should be in the old thread from may but if you cannot find it PM me.

Comment

My son won't be able to attend - I will not be able to do the lunch. I plan to arrive at 5:30

Comment

In for the fishing and for lunch
                            Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

The weather this week is looking a little bit iffy again. Pretty good chance of thunderstorms Wednesday night into Thursday. Anyone been to the river? How's it running now? And the big question, will some predicted rain Wednesday screw us up? I don't have enough knowledge of the river to judge myself and hope to hear from some of the locals.

I've been looking forward to this since doing it last year and it's driving me nuts waiting for the river to settle down.

Comment

Working...
                              X