No announcement yet.

June 28 th meet and greet on the upper potomac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dave. I think I'll try and join you. I won't be able to fish very long, so paddling up from Brunswick would work for me.

Comment

Rats, I've got too many errands to do. Sorry I can't join you Dave. Have fun everyone!

Comment

I want to throw out a big thanks to Rich for his hospitality and hard work in putting this trip together. Wonderful day on the water, fish, food, great weather and great people, quite the day. Really was a pleasure. Thanks Rich.

Comment

So how were the results?

Comment

Everyone caught fish most were between 10 and 15in. 15 inches being the big one . Everyone averaged a dozen or more fish with lots of hits in between . Dave and I feel that there are large fish there but this time of year more difficult to catch .We feel that if the may trip had been possible there would have been some big ones caught.
            We all discussed having another trip in late October to try for the big ones again.
            All in all a great day ,sorry some folks could not make it to lunch.
            Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
            Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

Sounds like a great time. The river has been in a funk this year due to high water, and very stained muddy conditions. Sounds like you all had a nice morning.
              Hurricane Skimmer 128
              WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Big thank you to Rich for organizing a great day on the water. Couldn't have asked for nicer weather or a better bunch of people to fish with. Sorry I had to miss lunch! Thanks again Rich for tips throughout the float.

Comment

Yes, thank you Rich! I don't know why people did not come to lunch, the Beer, Brats and burgers were the best part of the day.

I literally has 20 missed takes on a spinnerbait. I think the fish noticed the blades first and were grabbing them over the bait end. I got a good pull and then nothing was there. Next time will be better.
                  "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Thanks Rich for coordinating this one! The post fishing barbeque was much appreciated! I was quite hungry by that time of day and the burgers and chicken really hit the spot.

While most of the crew floated from Brunswick down to Point of Rocks I stayed up near Brunswick and worked up and down about a mile and a half of river. The Lander area had really handed me my head during the MAKBF Tournament so I had decided before-hand to pick apart a different section of the river and get something going.

Caught about 15 smallmouth bass in the 9" to 12" size (plus a couple of big sunfish and one channel cat):

This was the best fish of the day for me, she was a long but skinny fish. She got 4 good jumps in before I was able to lip her.

I got a couple on spinnerbaits and craws but I seemed to do best with a white Senko on an 1/18th ounce Confidence Baits Draggin' Head. After the sun got up I was looking for under water ledge shade. I would pitch the jig near that shade and let that presentation dart to the bottom. That was usually all it took. If they were home they would dart out and nail it.

Always a good day on the water when you are surrounded by other committed fisherman!
                    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Working...
                    X