July 2014 Meet & Greet at Lowes Wharf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moc,

Thanks for the in-depth reporting about this M&G.

Can you please tell us how far it is from the launch site to Poplar Island?
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

[QUOTE=Mark;89444]Moc,

Thanks for the in-depth reporting about this M&G.

Can you please tell us how far it is from the launch site to Poplar Island?[/QUOTE

Mark from the launch to Poplar Island i would say a good half hour to 45 minutes.
      Thanks Coop
      2012 hobie outback
      2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Count me in for fishing only...thanks
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Coop,

Thank you.

That distance is doable for me. I sometimes travel that far out of Jonas.

Sounds like a promising M&G.

I need to see if I can get away on Saturday to come along.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Guys, I dunno how helpful this video is because I've only seen the preview and I've never fished Poplar Island...heck of a trip south for me. But as it turns out, Jeff shot a video there this past weekend. He doesn't tell you it's Poplar, but it is because he called me on his way home and told me. I hope he doesn't get mad at me for letting out his secret but because I think it may help some folks get on fish especially ones from out of town making a trip, I'll convince him to get over it. It sounded like the fishing was pretty good, and they both got 29" fish as the biggest, so there's some good pullage out there right now. Here's the link, maybe it's worth a buck to watch more than the preview, I dunno since I haven't seen the whole thing myself.

https://tightlinejunkiejournal.pivot.../10664/preview

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

I am going to try to make it with my dad. Count 2 in for fishing & maybe lunch.
              Sun Fishin'

Comment

Wow Coop1486, it looks like you may have a mess of kayak anglers descending upon Lowes Wharf on Saturday.

Comment

I checked the long range weather forecast for Saturday and the weather is looking good. So far the winds in the morning are predicted to start at 1 mph and increase to 7 mph by noon, with temperatures reaching 84 degrees. There is a 30% chance of isolated afternoon thunderstorms. This weather forecast is subject to change as usual.

It look like we are going to have a good group of yakers for this meet and greet, so I thought that I would have a raffle of the Famous Bucket of Lures. So if you would like to participate, please bring one new fishing related item (tackle, plastics, jigs, hooks, etc) valued 1 to 5 dollars to throw into the bucket for the raffle. You will then be entered into the raffle drawing. You will be given a 1/2 a playing card as your ticket. The winner's card who is pulled will win the entire bucket of lures. This is not mandatory. It is just for fun during lunch.

Our lunch reservation is for 12:30 pm. I would like to have everyone at the restaurant by that time, since the owner is going to try to group us all together before his restaurant gets busy which makes getting tables for us sitting together as a group difficult.

If anyone want to go back out for fishing, you can launch from there or we can go to the backup spot on Harris Creek which is only ten minutes away.
                  2012 hobie outback
                  2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Coop,

Please include Mark and Myself in the count for both the fishing and the Lunch.

Thanks,
                    Terry Hill

<*)))><{ <*)))><{

<*)))><{

<*)))><{

Santa Cruz RAPTOR

Comment

Coop

I also would like to be included on Sat. For fishing and lunch.

Thanks Larry

Comment

Thanks for setting this up Coop. Today is Thursday, so everyone should check out Coop's list on who is coming on Page 2. If you are listed as a MAYBE, then you should post on this thread as to whether your status has changed like a "no go", or that you will now be able to attend fishing and lunch. He will need an count to give the owner of the restaurant a closer count as to how many kayakers are planning to attend, so he can reserve enough outdoor tables that are together for the Snaggedline group.

Comment

Unfortunately, I can no longer make it on Saturday. Looking forward to the reports!
                          Golden Papaya Outback

Comment

That is too far for just a morning trip for me Coop. I'll catch up with you all another time.
                            "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

coop i'll be there but late due to unexpected company
                              14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                              2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                                coop i'll be there but late due to unexpected company
                                I will be there looking g out for you when arrive.I am sure my radio will be on 68.
                                2012 hobie outback
                                2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Working...
                                X