No announcement yet.

Susquehanna 4/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm changing plans too. I have a rare weekend open and I'm heading to the CBBT to tog fish with Friday. Hopefully we'll find a place to fish down there.
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tj06sti View Post
      Jeeese, what wind directions cause it to be rougher on the western shore? North East? It is supposed to be east/south-east tomorrow 1-2 but that is according to NOAA. What is the best way to judge? I thought this Buoy data might help but it claims 1.3 foot wave heights right now, not sure how to read that. Thanks!

TJ
      That's a good site for conditions all over the bay. Tomorrow afternoon on the east side should be ok. Just NOT in the morning hours!

CHESAPEAKE BAY FROM SANDY POINT TO NORTH BEACH-
      900 PM EDT FRI APR 8 2011

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EDT SATURDAY

REST OF TONIGHT
      NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS TO 20 KT. WAVES
      1 FT. RAIN LATE THIS EVENING...THEN A CHANCE OF RAIN WITH AREAS OF
      DRIZZLE.

SAT
      NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING E 5 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.
      WAVES 1 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN WITH AREAS OF DRIZZLE. AREAS OF FOG.
      VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.

Comment

I'm launching out of lapidum in a few hours. I was up there last week and huge stripers are being caught. I caught a pair of 14 lb catfish last week but no stripers even thought he guy next to me caught 7! Just anchor up and let some cut herring sit in the current. From daybreak until about 10AM was when the lion share was caught. They stripers are there, don't miss out, but cut bait was the only thing producing. This week maybe plugs will work as the water has warmed.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
          I'm launching out of lapidum in a few hours. I was up there last week and huge stripers are being caught. I caught a pair of 14 lb catfish last week but no stripers even thought he guy next to me caught 7! Just anchor up and let some cut herring sit in the current. From daybreak until about 10AM was when the lion share was caught. They stripers are there, don't miss out, but cut bait was the only thing producing. This week maybe plugs will work as the water has warmed.
          Conditions changed considerably between yesterday morning and today up there. Good luck anyay. ( i wont fish bait on spawning fish anyway). Ive gotta tuck in early this afternoon so bridge pm wont work. Heading to the loch, sigh... Im jealous michael.
          Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

Originally posted by mdmakaira410 View Post
            Conditions changed considerably between yesterday morning and today up there. Good luck anyay. ( i wont fish bait on spawning fish anyway). Ive gotta tuck in early this afternoon so bridge pm wont work. Heading to the loch, sigh... Im jealous michael.
            Gates were open yesterday and flow was up. Water temps still under 50. Agree. Just can't do bait anymore. Never been up there so will wait until water temps get there. Heading for the bridge this afternoon and test out the new trolling rod holders...

Good luck wherever everyone goes!

Comment

Let me know how the trolling goes John. I can't wait to get mine in the water. I only need to install the fishfinder.... I gotta order some items this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                Let me know how the trolling goes John. I can't wait to get mine in the water. I only need to install the fishfinder.... I gotta order some items this weekend.
                They worked GREAT, Martin. You will not be disappointed.

Alas, no love from the striped ones. Hemmingways is off limits, under construction and no trespassing. So, we launched from SPSP. We trolled big plugs and small umbrellas with parachutes, Nada. Lots of marks. Bait & rock. Lots of chatter on the radio about marking fish but not a lot of catching reports. We fished outgoing. Lots of gannets and cormorants. Maybe incoming would be better.

Comment

I am glad that they worked great. I hope Hemmingways will open for us to use again. I hope the management will not leave up the no tresspassing signs in the future. I would hate to loose that area as a free kayak launching spot. Too bad the skunk followed your rods and you could not see your rod holder in a fight with a nice rock.

Comment

there were a lot of rock caught thursday in the 30s on bws from the beach. from 4 till 730 i measured 4 in the 30" range and 3 20-24"

thanks for the report John. cant wait to see the new rocket launchers in action

Comment

Guy's I rode down to HdG after work yesterday at around 7PM. I took 95 to get a look at Lapidum, and saw several trees floating down river..

You did the right thing to back out and head for other waters, the flats looked like chocolate milk and the flow from the river was heavy and full of debris and what appeared to be scrubbed off algea, you know the green snotty crap that is usually found on boulders and rocks in water! the whole HdG water front at Concord Point and the marina had a 3-5 foot band of the crap.

We are still doing our thing next Friday thru Sunday, feel free to join us. You can find us at Craft Haven Campground near Carpenter's Point.

Comment

Working...
                      X