Opening Weekend.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
    You guys have to be kidding .............fish all ya want but there ain't no fish catchin for at least a week with this storm if it's heading north ............
    IDK this one was so scared of lightning she jumped on my hook so i would help her 42 3/4 27.8lbs caught at pax nas at 0920 4-16-11. not too bad this morning windy and tide running hard with the SE wind gusting to 30 but warmer than last year
    Attached Files

Comment

nice braggin right striper surfdog. You set the bar high. I was at Deer Creek and caught 4 shad. The guy beside me caught a shad and a striper grabbed hold during the retrieve.

Comment

Nice work Sam! Congratulations on the citation!

TJ

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
        IDK this one was so scared of lightning she jumped on my hook so i would help her 42 3/4 27.8lbs caught at pax nas at 0920 4-16-11. not too bad this morning windy and tide running hard with the SE wind gusting to 30 but warmer than last year

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
          Congrats on getting a nice one before the main part of the storm ......... nice fish

the post was talking about tomorrow on the Potomac and Susky .......... bet they will be high and muddy for the next week ........

Comment

it was a long morning with a couple dinks then they turned on around 0830. the group next to me got 1 35" and 3 just over 28. i saw on the radar that the front was on the other side of va. at 0400 so i left and got down at pax by 0530. some guys were there all night and did prettty good with some nice hardheads and read that they were catching them at north beach

Comment

Heck of a fish Surfdog!

Comment

Congratulations- Surf dog- what did it hit? Were you soaking bloodworms or throwing lures?
                "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Nice work, Sam. I wonder if there's any on the Drum Point side? I might have to take my yak to work this week.
                  Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                  Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Nice fish. Sam! WTG!

Comment

thanks guys. soaking bws on a 8/0 in line gami ch with 6oz of lead. didnt know if my re-built $10 rod would handle 6oz but was fine. cant say enough about how the okuma avenger abf 5000 handled that fish, smooth as silk drag and that fiberglass and aluminum rod not a creak or groan.

i was thinking of going around the other side of the point and throwing a creek chub knuckel head but was too busy every time some one would hookup id go to the edge of the rocks and lip it with my lip gripper. looks quite in the photo but to the right the wind was driving the waves up over the riprap took a couple waist high before moving

got to break in my new wader shoes very comfy, needed to get some dirt and slime on them they were too new and white

Comment

Hell of a fish Surf. Well deserved. Looks like that old rod had the MoJo

Comment

big bummer

I went to deer creek and susky on sunday, water was flowing with 18 gates open and a ton of muddy water everywhere. no fishing here today.........maybe next time,

Comment

Monocracy was crazy high. No way could i paddle against it.
                            Malibu Stealth 14
                            Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

Originally posted by fredneckyaker View Post
                              Monocracy was crazy high. No way could i paddle against it.

where do you launch on the monocacy? at the monoacy bridge/aquaduct?
                              sigpic

Comment

Monocacy Float

That is the entire float in google earth, but I usually focus on a smaller portion :-p The Park Mills Rd launch to the Mouth of the Monococy. Watching the water levels to make sure its safe,. It took me about 2 hours when the water was up and moving fast. There is a launch at the Muth of Monocacy park there, and you can paddle around and up to the railroad bridge and beyond, but I am lazy and like my floats.

There is a boat launch and parking area at the Park mills area so it is a nice and easy place to put in. Sorry to jump in, but I thought I would add my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
                                X