August Meet and Greet...St. Mary's River @ Dennis Point Marina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
    It looks like I am able to make this one. Is there a time when the campground opens? What is the launching arrangements?
    I am working out the launching final preparations but sadly it is a ramp launch. I will be there to greet all but the very earliest launchers
    Great to have you Dogfish....I'll be buying your drinks for the help you gave me hooking me up with the Pompano 120 a few years back! $399 for that yak??? Still can't believe it. (Of course if I was that grateful I could buy your whole lunch....but hey, best I can do)
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I’m heading to the Outer Banks this weekend and will not make the M&G. Wife and I fished out of Dennis Point Marina last month. Marina has nice amenities, easy ramp with plenty of close parking. Camping is there if you want it. We didn’t try the restaurant but I hear it’s decent. Short paddle to St. Mary’s River. Great area to fish with great scenery. I’m sure you’ll enjoy yourselves.
      Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
      Predator 13

Comment

sorry looks like I won't be able to make the m+g,mabe next time have fun catch alot of fish and post pics.
        drifwood

Comment

Arrangments
          #1 Launch Time: you can launch anytime but I'll be at the ramp at 7 AM to greet you. The usual $5 launch fee has been reduced to $2 for us and we can settle up at lunch or when you leave
          #2 Launching and parking: It is a Ramp launch at Dennis point. Please note the arrangements for parking

#3 Lunch: Lunch will be on the deck of the Riverside Bistro. Food is getting good reviews. Most of the wait staff will be graduates from the school where I work. There will be some specials. I don't have them yet but here is a pic of the menu .....video that is....so you can get an idea of prices....
          https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152666443904783

#4 Bucket of lures: Please bring a donation for the bucket of lures! some kind of new piece of tackle under $5. We'll draw for winner of the bucket!

I'm looking forward to seeing you all!!
          Last edited by kevinfry; 08-05-2014, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Cool Kevin, I'm really looking forward to it.

So main species are stripers, possible specks, possibly reds, croaker and white perch... correct?
            -Mustafa
            ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13
            "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Kevin - I also plan on making this trip and try my hand at some lunker perch (hey, better late than never). For people coming from out of town we have 2 spare bedrooms that are available if you want to break the drive up by coming down Friday night. We're about 15 miles from Dennis Point. As an added bonus we have a small lake behind the house that you could try to catch some bass in the night before. Who knows, there may also be a bottle of Allagash Barrel aged Cruieux that needs sampling. Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning a few tips.
              Mike
              Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

thanks Big Mike! Hope someone takes you up on it!

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                  Cool Kevin, I'm really looking forward to it.

So main species are stripers, possible specks, possibly reds, croaker and white perch... correct?
                  Bluefish, perch, croaker, Striped bass, possible trout....sadly have not heard of a redfish lately, but who knows? I caught my first puppy drum near here on a summer when few were catching them.

And some good crabbing here too if anyone wants to try

Comment

Things looking great for a good time!
                    updated attendance as of right now::
                    attending
                    Kevinfry (host)
                    Ictalarus???
                    Moc
                    AbuMasgouf
                    Groundhog
                    fishinggeek
                    Daolai
                    Dogfish
                    Coop
                    Zeebyrd
                    Cody
                    Buzz
                    Jambone
                    Plastic boat
                    tall timbers yakker
                    tango
                    CLM
                    Medicyakker
                    Big Mike

Comment

Hey Kevin,

Hope you guys have a blast. Would make it but I'll be in Fenwick Island De for the fam's vacation. Good luck guys!! Cant wait for the report!

Justin

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                        #3 Lunch: Lunch will be on the deck of the Riverside Bistro. Food is getting good reviews. Most of the wait staff will be graduates from the school where I work. There will be some specials. I don't have them yet but here is a pic of the menu .....video that is....so you can get an idea of prices....
                        https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152666443904783
                        Can't see the video.

unavailable.jpg
                        2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                        Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Getting excited. I've been watching you tube videos on stripers, blue fish, red fish and croakers. Never caught any of those. This work week is dragging on it seems. So ready for it to be over.
                          Hobie Outback
                          Stand Up Paddle Board
                          Pelican 100

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
                            Can't see the video.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12907[/ATTACH]
                            I'm a dunce with technology......I'm working on it

Comment

CLM==
                              a couple kastmasters, a few power grubs and some3-5" paddle tails and you'll likely catch as much as anyone

kf

Comment

Is there an address for the lunch spot? I have been looking at charts of the area. Is trolling good around the drop offs and contours, or will I need to go out to the Potomac? I have never fished this area before. Also, is it ok to get to the camp ground early, like before dawn?

Forecast is for a 9mph SSE wind. What affect will that have on the area? Still looks like the middle to upper St. Marys river should be alright.

I am looking forward to this, a new area to fish.
                                Last edited by DOGFISH; 08-07-2014, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X