• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

come early if you can the parking lot fills quick

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
      come early if you can the parking lot fills quick
      Do you think we should set the time earlier?

Comment

the parking and fishing would be better. they actually built a little bridge to get over the ditch

Comment

Never been over there, what kind of fish you all going after?

Comment

Originally posted by jarradw View Post
            Never been over there, what kind of fish you all going after?
            There will be some perch around, might be some croaker, according to reports there have been croaker as far north as Sandy Point. Rockfish are still catch and release in the Severn. Could also venture down to the bay.

Comment

If we are doing Jonas Green, then I am in, depending on the status of a previous commitment. I'll keep checking the thread to see what time you want to meet at Jonas. By Friday I should no for sure. So far Sat is predicted to be sunny in the upper 60's, actually 69 degrees. There is also porta potties at Jonas if anyone is interested. Should be fun.

Comment

How about if we set 8:00 am, of course if you are one of those "first light guys" you can show up earlier (park opens at dawn) or if you like to sleep in you can show up later.

Comment

Wish I could join you guys but I have a camping trip to Assateague. Leaving tomorrow. Plan is to concentrate on surf fishing. Should be a good time of year for a variety of species. If anyone has any suggestions let's hear 'em! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by eastonkayaker View Post
                    How about if we set 8:00 am, of course if you are one of those "first light guys" you can show up earlier (park opens at dawn) or if you like to sleep in you can show up later.
                    Anytime is fine by me. 8am is fine.

Comment

i wish i could get everyone on the navy rec. center at greenbury point, its close to the mouth of the severn but with beefed up security now its not possible. but its just a little farther from JGP to the bay. also a lot of good structure around the 450 bridge and south of it. check NOAAcharts.gov and check the bottom contours one spot says RUINS coming off some flats looks fishy to me

what are we doing for lunch? there is griffins grill on north Richie highway not far away pretty good food. there is the severn inn next to JGP but they might not like a bunch of worn out yakers hanging around pinching the staff

Comment

So jonas green at 8
                        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

May Meet & Greet

Jonas Green Park at 0800.

All are welcome, our get togethers are nothing formal, just a place to meet to fish with other kayakers and get some new ideas about fishing and kayaking.

It would be good to meet some of the new forum members and see everyones winter kayak projects.

Lunch at Griffins sounds good, we can see how many show up and/or want to go for lunch before deciding.

Weather looks decent now, sunny and close to 70.

Comment

Griffin is fine by me too Surfdog.

Comment

ha moc i know u want to go to joes

Comment

I do love my crabs..... maybe I will bring a couple of traps to through off of the kayak to see if their are any tastey crustaceans there....

Comment

Working...
                                X