No announcement yet.

May 8 CHSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, definitely glad I had GPS yesterday!
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

It was exactly as you described. Thick in the morning, then came and went.
      Sun Fishin'

Comment

Man it was a blast catching those blues and my first keeper Tog on a Kayak! Definitely one for the memory bank!

uploadfromtaptalk1431219663605.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431219686685.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431219703642.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431219768455.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431219732083.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431219749353.jpg
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Had a great day out there. Here are the photos that I have that are worth looking at. Thick FOG and from the photo of the under side of the pier you can see why it's closed. There is not much holding it up

100_0174.jpg100_0175.jpg100_0178.jpg100_0184.jpg100_0186.jpg

Then While back on the beach I discovered that my new outback dried to sink on me. I pumped out about 30 gallons of water. before I could pick it up to get the cart under it. I stopped by Delaware paddle sports and Chris Erby and crew had it fixed in less than 1 hour. It had a small hole in one of the scupper holes. They plastic welded the small hole and it should be good to go now.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by plastic boat; 05-09-2015, 10:05 PM.

Comment

I'm a glutton for punishment...make me jealous....what does a blue fish taste like? How do you prepare them? They look great in those photos.

Comment

Originally posted by YakCapn View Post
              I'm a glutton for punishment...make me jealous....what does a blue fish taste like? How do you prepare them? They look great in those photos.
              They are fantastic...

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...Double-Masgouf
              -Mustafa
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2012 Hobie Revolution 13
              "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                Will your little skewers be long enough for the monster blues you caught yesterday? haha
                Sun Fishin'

Comment

I kept two of the smallest ones I could find, both at 27". Blackened some for dinner yesterday = yum! Thin sliced some today for sashimi = delicious! Smoking the rest tomorrow, I love smoked bluefish! I bled them and cut off the red meat. If you properly take care of them they do not taste strong
                  Ryan
                  Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                    I kept two of the smallest ones I could find, both at 27". Blackened some for dinner yesterday = yum! Thin sliced some today for sashimi = delicious! Smoking the rest tomorrow, I love smoked bluefish! I bled them and cut off the red meat. If you properly take care of them they do not taste strong
                    I would love to try to smoke some blue fish how long and at what temp do you smoke them ?
                    Thanks

Comment

I have a charcoal smoker and run it 2-3 hours starting around 200 deg and ending around 150 deg depending on thickness of fillets
                      Ryan
                      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                        I have a charcoal smoker and run it 2-3 hours starting around 200 deg and ending around 150 deg depending on thickness of fillets
                        Thanks I give it a try

Comment

Make sure to brine and dry before smoking as well
                          Ryan
                          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Sun View Post
                            Will your little skewers be long enough for the monster blues you caught yesterday? haha
                            LOL! Never thought I'd answer no to that question with the long ones I have! I have one 27" bluefish in the mix and I'm going to Masgouf that one. The rest I just filleted. Those are going on the grill.
                            -Mustafa
                            2016 Hobie Outback
                            2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

I added the fishing video and more details to my first post on the first page. But I think it's OK to put the same descriptions and video here so that you don't go back to my first post.

It was another good day indeed. I had so much fun fishing with a bunch of forum members. My challenge was catching three species, Big Bluefish, Tog, and Flounder. I failed last week. So, I planned to fish for flounder a couple of hours.

I met Plastic Boat at parking lot. We trolled together for about 15 minutes. I lost him in the dense fog. I went to Mustafa and joined togging crew in the ocean side of the Inner Wall. Mustafa landed his first keeper tog. I was very happy about that. The tog bites weren't as good as that of the last Saturday. Though some members got limited out. I ended up 3 tog at 14, 14, and 15".

Bluefish fishing was great again. When I went through videos at home I found that I had so many bluefish hits. I didn't know the hits because the most of the hits last only a few seconds.

I didn't have to fish for flounder at all. I hooked a 20" flounder while trolling a crank-bait for bluefish. That was a pleasant surprise. So I achieved my goal, catching big bluefish, tog and flounder.

I tried hard to get to the members when they had fish on to take videos of the moments. I managed to take some videos of members with fish. It was hard to put all actions in a 6 minute fishing log video without too many redundant scenes. I like the first scene of me and Goody landing two big bluefish. Being on a Hobie, I could manage to get close to Goody to take video of both our fish. I muted here and there because my inappropriate language. We were having fun.:

Fishing Log Video with members, and violent rod bends when bluefish struck:

Thanks.
                              Joe
                              Last edited by ComeOnFish; 05-10-2015, 10:37 AM.
                              Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                              Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Oh, so jealous of the flounder! I guess I should have tried a little harder...
                                Ryan
                                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                                X