No announcement yet.

May 8 CHSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely an awesome time! Thanks again for your help Joe!
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Good meeting you Joe. Nice job on the flounder, that was a nice one. As usual, great video footage. You might want to wear a cup for our next outing. That is too close for comfort there. LOL.

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
      I added the fishing video and more details to my first post on the first page. But I think it's OK to put the same descriptions and video here so that you don't go back to my first post.

It was another good day indeed. I had so much fun fishing with a bunch of forum members. My challenge was catching three species, Big Bluefish, Tog, and Flounder. I failed last week. So, I planned to fish for flounder a couple of hours.

I met Plastic Boat at parking lot. We trolled together for about 15 minutes. I lost him in the dense fog. I went to Mustafa and joined togging crew in the ocean side of the Inner Wall. Mustafa landed his first keeper tog. I was very happy about that. The tog bites weren't as good as that of the last Saturday. Though some members got limited out. I ended up 3 tog at 14, 14, and 15".

Bluefish fishing was great again. When I went through videos at home I found that I had so many bluefish hits. I didn't know the hits because the most of the hits last only a few seconds.

I didn't have to fish for flounder at all. I hooked a 20" flounder while trolling a crank-bait for bluefish. That was a pleasant surprise. So I achieved my goal, catching big bluefish, tog and flounder.

I tried hard to get to the members when they had fish on to take videos of the moments. I managed to take some videos of members with fish. It was hard to put all actions in a 6 minute fishing log video without too many redundant scenes. I like the first scene of me and Goody landing two big bluefish. Being on a Hobie, I could manage to get close to Goody to take video of both our fish. I muted here and there because my inappropriate language. We were having fun.:

Fishing Log Video with members, and violent rod bends when bluefish struck:

Thanks.
      Joe

Outback 2015
      Maui

Comment

Great day at Cape Henlopen with good friends. Highlight of the day....Got to meet Come on Fish...was like meeting the Pope!
        Last edited by sparky1423; 05-10-2015, 02:30 PM.
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

That sure looks like fun. I plan to give it a try on Tues morning, unless tropical storm Ana messed up the weather and disperses the fish first.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Great videos....I am thinking about a trip next weekend to CHSP, but crap I hadn't thought about the tropical storm off the Carolinas. I hope it doesn't mess up the fishing!!!

Comment

WTG, fellas! I wanted to join the fun, but I had to work Friday. I did fish there on Sat.

Congrats, Joe and Abu. Three good species, and first tog keeper!

I like that blue-in-midair pic too, sparky. Also, I'll have to remember your video tip: use legs as back-up fish clamps...lol. Can't tell, do need to wear a cup as safety precaution?
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                I kept two of the smallest ones I could find, both at 27". Blackened some for dinner yesterday = yum! Thin sliced some today for sashimi = delicious! Smoking the rest tomorrow, I love smoked bluefish! I bled them and cut off the red meat. If you properly take care of them they do not taste strong
                Do you bleed them while still on the water fishing while they are on the fish stringer/ring? How soon do you gut them once your off the water? Could I bleed them on the water and then throw them on ice and wait to gut them until I get home the next day??? Or should I gut them first and then put them on ice and fillet them at home? How do you all "take care of the fish" after the catch....especially if you are a few hours from home?

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post

I like that blue-in-midair pic too, sparky. Also, I'll have to remember your video tip: use legs as back-up fish clamps...lol. Can't tell, do need to wear a cup as safety precaution?
                  It was all natural! Honestly Efrin, I lost my first four blues being to cautious. This seemed to work for me and it immobilized the fish quite well.
                  2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                  2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                  2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

I bled them while on the stringer in the water by cutting the gills. I then kept them iced until I got home and cleaned right away
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

It was great to meet you Sparky.
                      It seemed that you were always right above the huge schools of Bluefish. Next time I guess I fish right next to you stealing you spot

joe
                      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

I cleaned them (gutted then) when I landed on the beach and then put them on ice.

Mobile
                        Last edited by Goody; 05-10-2015, 02:46 PM.

Outback 2015
                        Maui

Comment

Posted Pics of the Mother's Day Masgouf I did with the Tog and Bluefish

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...-s-Day-Masgouf
                          -Mustafa
                          2016 Hobie Outback
                          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Ryan
                            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Well, I guess I asked for it...it all looks soooo delicious! I need to improve my fishing skills quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                                That looks sooo good! Yum!
                                -Mustafa
                                2016 Hobie Outback
                                2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
                                X