No announcement yet.

Jamaica Bay Recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you want to go back next weekend, lol. It only gets better until mid June when the big bass leave. Within the next two weeks the gator blues 30-37" will be in THICK. The fluke and weakfish bite will improve as well as the water warms. You also have some knowledge of the area now. That spot you got that 19" fluke as well as the FKC next to the RB where you got that 37" will produce well too. As the bunk a leave the jig bite gets wayyyy better.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
      You know you want to go back next weekend, lol. It only gets better until mid June when the big bass leave. Within the next two weeks the gator blues 30-37" will be in THICK. The fluke and weakfish bite will improve as well as the water warms. You also have some knowledge of the area now. That spot you got that 19" fluke as well as the FKC next to the RB where you got that 37" will produce well too. As the bunk a leave the jig bite gets wayyyy better.
      Ohhhhhhhh......you're tempting me to go again soon. I spent too much time at the red buoy south of the launch. I need to spent more time at RB.

Agree with Dail. You guys are machines.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I think I was the odd one, I got the 36" bass on a 19" pink hogy tube. Hogy's SI tubes are impressive. I landed a few and missed a lot of nice fish on live Bunka. I need to start using Grilled's patented Mirr-O-Bunka!
        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Those were some fat healthy fish.

Comment

Pinch, did you get the 19 or 24" Hogy tube/worm? Bubble gum or wine?

Comment

Originally posted by pinch View Post
              you know you want to go back next weekend, lol. it only gets better until mid june when the big bass leave. Within the next two weeks the gator blues 30-37" will be in thick. The fluke and weakfish bite will improve as well as the water warms. You also have some knowledge of the area now. That spot you got that 19" fluke as well as the fkc next to the rb where you got that 37" will produce well too. As the bunk a leave the jig bite gets wayyyy better.
              fact.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                Pinch, did you get the 19 or 24" Hogy tube/worm? Bubble gum or wine?
                19 and both
                Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

LOL @ that Sea Robin!! Pinch you think those Hogy TnWs are better than Kayak Carls?

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
                    LOL @ that Sea Robin!! Pinch you think those Hogy TnWs are better than Kayak Carls?
                    150% better. No shaping, the sink faster, thicker tube, better swivel and hook.
                    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I think its no coincidence that Hogy rhymes with Hobie... too rich for my pockets!! WHEW! LOL
                      Last edited by mytmouse; 05-21-2013, 01:00 AM. Reason: Not paying attention to wtf I was typing. LOL

Comment

Man y'all landed some great fish!!
                        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

First time at Jamaica Bay, fishing was excellent. Caught 1 striper 37 1/2 inches, too many blue to count upto 27 inches, a 20 inch trout while jigging for flounder and too many flounder and sea robbin to count. Biggest flounder was 20 1/2 inches. Cant wait till next year, may try to go back in a few weeks.jamaica bay 2013 017.jpgjamaica bay 2013 018.jpgjamaica bay 2013 014.jpgjamaica bay 2013 006.jpg
                          Hobie Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                          2014 Hobie Pro Angler
                          2012 Hobie Outback

Comment

^fishing machine right there
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SpareChange View Post
                              First time at Jamaica Bay, fishing was excellent. Caught 1 striper 37 1/2 inches, too many blue to count upto 27 inches, a 20 inch trout while jigging for flounder and too many flounder and sea robbin to count. Biggest flounder was 20 1/2 inches. Cant wait till next year, may try to go back in a few weeks.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7016[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7017[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7018[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7019[/ATTACH]
                              You did pretty well. Am thinking about going back within 2-3 weeks. We'll see.

Comment

I was thinking about heading up as well within the next few weeks....
                                <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Working...
                                X