No announcement yet.

Croaker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would assume the croakers r pretty stack up down by bushwood, dont u think

Comment

Originally posted by richardbb85 View Post
      anyone trying bushwood wharf this weekend?
      Weather permitting i might head there on Sunday. I fished it once last year and did well. Its either there or Solomons.

Comment

I'm going to try Piney Point this evening, wind permitting. If not, I'll hit Buzz's. I would avoid Solomon's because the boat traffic is intense sometimes, and people will fly right by you at full throttle. I quit fishing there on Friday evenings because I had too many close calls.

If you do hit Solomons, the area halfway between the Solomons Pier restaurant and the point (Sandy Point) usually holds fish between 15 and 25ft. The Green Holly area is good, too, and I've caught nice fish in shallow water around Sandy Point, and flounder hang out there, too.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Saturday

Decided to fish the incoming at Chesapeake Beach, low tide was at 2:30, and we arrived at 3:30 which was later then I hoped for, but unavoidable with all the traffic we hit on the way up. I like that marina as a launch, thanks for checking it out Metro, Foursteps, Moc. Made a b-line for the North Beach Pier and since it was early in the day, thought we might start deeper and work our way shallower if the action was not hot. Set some fishbites, raw shrimp, and cooked shrimp with garlic out on 1/0 circle hooks and started waiting. I had the first fish within a half hour on the cooked shrimp, a nice 11". Chuck picked up one on fishbites,Then nothing for an hour or so, so we moved shallower and I put my second rod out with another bottom rig to increase my odds. That rod then got hit, then another lull..so we kept moving shallower and only getting one or two fish each time. All on the raw shrimp/fishbites combo we began using. They did not want the cooked shrimp! Action was the same from 5' to 10', saw a couple of power boats stop to drift in deeper waters then us for a few minutes before taking off. Managed to pick up 8, biggest was a hair under 13", Chuck got 3, and I let him keep them all so he could have a fish fry at a family get together today. Not bad for being on the water 3:30 to 9:30. I liked the tracking screen shot, so I had to copy it. I think that area around the seawall looks very interesting on the satellite and I should have tried some around there, maybe next time!

Comment

Great Job TJ. Im glad we could help in scouting the area. I probably will be looking to go out anytime this week . Maybe thursday or friday afternoon/night.

Comment

Wtg tj..
              Gb

Comment

Nice work!
                <insert witty comment here>

Comment

The croakers are in- the ones I caught last Friday on live river minnows were all about the same size- averaged 14 or so inches- had two that were 16 inches- those were in the Wicomico by Cobb Island, so anywhere south of there should have lots of decent sized croakers. Bushwood is less than a mile away from where I caught mine on the opposite shoreline. The blue catfish are biting and seem pretty numerous. They put up a good fight on light tackle, too.

I fried up my catch last night- excellent eating, too!
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Nice work on the croakers, TJ. I would think that seawall would be a good place for topwater stripers in the mornings and evenings, but the boater traffic might be a hassle.
                    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Nice stringer TJ. I am glad you zeroed in on the croakers there. Thanks for the pics and the report. Croakers are so much fun.

Comment

tryin to finish work asap, n then gona head out to bushwood wharf. will report after

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks guys! Good luck richard, let us know!

Comment

Ill be really interested on how you will do, since Bushwood is one the areas that I plan on fishing as soon as I can find some time.

Comment

Yes richardbb85, please let us know asap how you makeout this evening at Bushwood. Some of us are thinking of taking off this week to fish for croaker there..

GB

Comment

Working...
                                X