No announcement yet.

Getting out Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually wanted to print out that sheet with the regs on it and laminate it.. then put it in my life vest pocket for reference.
    People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Smith View Post
      I actually wanted to print out that sheet with the regs on it and laminate it.. then put it in my life vest pocket for reference.
      That's a good idea too. I have a waterproof case for my phone, so pulling it out on the water is only dangerous if I drop it over the side. I really wish I had a tether or float for it.

Edit add: I like the page I put the link for, it has pictures so it is idiot resistant...which is very helpful for me.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Yes I like your page better than mine.. I am going to combine both ideas.. and laminate a print out of your page for my pocket. I like the phone idea, I purchased a waterproof case and it actually has a lanyard so I could tie it to my neck or something.. but generally keep it in my cargo pants pocket, unless there is something I need to take a pic of.

I have had to move away from the Plano 3700 boxes to a .. 3500 size (or maybe the 3400)... anyways they are 5x9 and the one I have is double sided. This fits my storage area much better.. the 3700 simply do not fit where I want them to.
        2014-10-03 10.31.36.jpg
        2014-10-01 23.03.55.jpg

Comment

I keep my phone zipped in the front mess pocket on my PFD, along with my fishing license and WSSC permit. I really wish it had a lanyard, especially today when it was rough.

I put three "waterproof" 3743's and one smaller 3640 on end in the milk crate. I could fit a fourth 3700 in the crate too, but I don't have it filled with anything I need on the bay.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Definitely worth getting some sort of float or leash for the phone! Mine fell out of the pocket of my pfd, when I was reaching to pull in a striper. Phone was a waterproof Casio too.. I'm sure the fish are down there using my minutes up now
            J

Comment

White Perch are fun on light tackle and good eating too. They are just a smaller cousin of striper. You'll get a nice little cut of meat off of a 10" one, I usually set my personal size limit at 10". Smaller than that is not really worth cleaning.

The color/hue of them will vary from water to water
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Jman View Post
                Definitely worth getting some sort of float or leash for the phone! Mine fell out of the pocket of my pfd, when I was reaching to pull in a striper. Phone was a waterproof Casio too.. I'm sure the fish are down there using my minutes up now
                I laff, not to be mean...sucks to lose stuff. I lost a VHF radio to a mistake. It is/was waterproof...not sure how well that worked out for it when it came to rest in 40' of water at Tridelphia.
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

S.S.BadIdea
                  Did you go out Saturday? and try to sell a big guy your blood worms? That was my brother in law.

Comment

No sir, I spent Saturday on the big canoe haha IMG_20141004_072411.jpg

Comment

Friday wasn't so bad with wind, so the windpaddle wasn't really tested to the limits. But yesterday was awesome! That was the highest wind and wave combo I've had the pleasure of travelling on the bay so far. I was getting 12 mph in the kayak with the sail up. I even thought I *might* have to brace in a wave a time or two. It made me remember the ocean, now I'm wanting to take a trip!

The rock are biting heavy along the shorelines, and getting bigger too. All keepers now.

Comment

Working...
                      X