Rockfish and a naked dude....I've seen it all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockfish and a naked dude....I've seen it all

Got up to the flats today and i knew I had a short time to catch a limit because of the stiff winds that were coming up. I had about 1-2 hours of fishing before the winds made it miserable and I came in. Got my limit within the hour so I was under no pressure to catch fish. I headed towards the bridges and there were a dozen or so sailboats moored.

On one sailboat by itself (see pic, no naked guy visible) there was a guy wearing nothing but a white t shirt....nothing....just the t shirt....with the wind blowing like a hurricane. There he was, literally just flapping in the breeze. He didn't seem to care that I was there. He just kept doing what he was doing. Well, I think I've officially seen it all.
    G0380541.jpgGOPR0422.jpgG0330484.jpg

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Trolling catches everything
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
      Got up to the flats today and i knew I had a short time to catch a limit because of the stiff winds that were coming up. I had about 1-2 hours of fishing before the winds made it miserable and I came in. Got my limit within the hour so I was under no pressure to catch fish. I headed towards the bridges and there were a dozen or so sailboats moored.

On one sailboat by itself (see pic, no naked guy visible) there was a guy wearing nothing but a white t shirt....nothing....just the t shirt....with the wind blowing like a hurricane. There he was, literally just flapping in the breeze. He didn't seem to care that I was there. He just kept doing what he was doing. Well, I think I've officially seen it all.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]13806[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13807[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13808[/ATTACH]
      I don't know about you Alan, you spent a lot of time looking at the sailboat. I don't remember reading anything like that in your light tackle trolling book. Starting to wonder L.o.l.

Only kidding.
      Harry

Never know what you will see out on the water, somethings you wish you had not.

Comment

You looked at his mast.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by On the fly View Post
          Never know what you will see out on the water, somethings you wish you had not.
          Things that have been seen, cannot be unseen.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
            You looked at his mast.
            Haha.

Comment

Good job on the quick catch! Maybe the sailboat guy was looking for a little skipper lol.
              2014 Hobie Dune Outback
              2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
              Rob

Comment

Those BLOWBOAT guys are a different breed. Alan Where did you launch,Jean Robert or Tidings?
                Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
                  Those BLOWBOAT guys are a different breed. Alan Where did you launch,Jean Robert or Tidings?
                  I launched out of Tydings. I headed to Jean Roberts which is where the boat was. It was like a sea cucumber poking through an open wizard's robe.

Kokatat Pro Staff
                  Torqeedo Pro Staff
                  Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Well if it wasn't already obvious, you've got the trolling down better than me. I was out there yesterday for about 3.5 hours and didn't even get a hit. I marked some fish but no go. That makes 3 trips now with nothing to show for it except about 20 miles of paddling. Though there is something to be said about exercise

Also, someone has to ask it. Any chance you are willing to share a how-to, to make that umbrella rig?
                    Last edited by reel-em-in; 10-18-2014, 09:05 PM.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Quick troll! Nice!

Mobile

Outback 2015
                      Maui

Comment

'The only thing I can say is better you then me. I don't want to see it all...
                        Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
                        Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Should have snapped a pic with that thing on your hawg trough and listed it on the leader board.......
                          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by reel-em-in View Post
                            Well if it wasn't already obvious, you've got the trolling down better than me. I was out there yesterday for about 3.5 hours and didn't even get a hit. I marked some fish but no go. That makes 3 trips now with nothing to show for it except about 20 miles of paddling. Though there is something to be said about exercise

Also, someone has to ask it. Any chance you are willing to share a how-to, to make that umbrella rig?
                            I'm running a contest to win one. You can enter here: https://www.facebook.com/chesapeake....type=1&theater
                            I may sell a few as well. I've made my 4th one as of 5 minutes ago....and have enough materials to make just a couple more. Because I may sell them, I'm not sure I'll give away the special sauce just yet. On the flip side, there's not much to be made in custom lures as most of you guys know. This thing I'd probably sell for $30. There's a lot of materials and it takes about 45 mins to make each one so I may concede in the future because it takes some time

Also, fishing the flats isn't easy which is why I've given maps to help people out. There's so much water out there. Once you find the first fish you can start working a pattern. I've been fishing right along the bottom. If I'm too high off of it, nothing. So make sure you know your lures and where they are running to give your best shot.

Kokatat Pro Staff
                            Torqeedo Pro Staff
                            Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                              Should have snapped a pic with that thing on your hawg trough and listed it on the leader board.......
                              LOL....3" sea cucumber

Kokatat Pro Staff
                              Torqeedo Pro Staff
                              Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X