No announcement yet.

Beverly Triton Park 10/31/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are eating one fillet, sashimi with hot pepper paste and wasabi. Yumm, and hot.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
      We are eating one fillet, sashimi with hot pepper paste and wasabi. Yumm, and hot.
      Sounds delish. Good job guys, ands thanks for a fun report.
      Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
      Cobra Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
        I was fascinated by this. Are stripers safe to eat raw or is it a risk you're fine with? What about during the warm months when the bacteria levels rise considerably?
        PigPen - Mt Airy
        Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Originally posted by PigPen View Post
          I was fascinated by this. Are stripers safe to eat raw or is it a risk you're fine with? What about during the warm months when the bacteria levels rise considerably?
          My wife said it's safe...keep in mind she also decided to eat raw blue crab out of the bay several years ago, got a nasty case of food poisoning and was sick for about three days.

In short, its a risk she's fine with. I have a bite once in a while.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

I had Rockfish Sashimi for the first time yesterday and it was awesome! I feel fine today. I would suggest starting with a small amount to see how your system reacts to it. Then eat more next time... But it's a risk you have to consider on your own

So glad you shared that with me Cowpokey!
            Last edited by AbuMasgouf; 11-01-2014, 12:02 PM.
            -Mustafa
            ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13
            "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
              So glad you shared that with me Cowpokey!
              I hold no responsibility on anyone's health, concerning eating fish out of the bay...it is yummy though.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                I had Rockfish Sashimi for the first time yesterday and it was awesome! I feel fine today. I would suggest starting with a small amount to see how your system reacts to it. Then eat more next time... But it's a risk you have to consider on your own
                My wife and her friends eat fresh sashimi every time I come back from fishing...as long as it comes out of saltwater. She has no desire for me to go back to freshwater.
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

I enjoy raw fish, but I don't eat raw rockfish. They have been susceptible to a wasting disease that can be contracted by humans. Back in the mid-2000's about half the fish had it. Theories say that deep freezing before eating helps (and it should kill any worms that might be present), but I'd rather not take the chance. At a minimum always hold the fillet up to a strong light and candle it to see if it is clear. Raw Bluefish on the other hand - yum.
                  Mike
                  Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

I don't bring a fish home unless it looks perfectly healthy when I catch it. I've thrown back quite a few that had sores on them this year; in fresh and salt.
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Good day to fish and the previous posts pretty much says it all. I met a nice boater (Mike - not poacher) and he's worked with Lisa in helping open parks to kayaks like to Beverly Triton Park. Thanked him and we traded some lures and it seemed he had the best game plan of all the other boats out there. Mark - Drift - Jig vs the follow the birds. 20141031_143646.jpg20141031_105426.jpg20141031_083250.jpg

Comment

Wow, there's a whole lot of ugly in that center pic. Good thing it was offset by some beautiful ROCK!!!!
                        Hobie fleet:
                        2017 Quest 13
                        2015 Outback
                        2014 Outback

Comment

Looks like you guys had another great day. congrats on your catches.
                          Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                          Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

You can flash freeze the fillet of fish first and that will kill any bacteria.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkGT View Post
                              You can flash freeze the fillet of fish first and that will kill any bacteria.
                              I've seen online that they freeze sushi tuna to kill parasites/worms.
                              PigPen - Mt Airy
                              Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Congrats to all of you. I am JEALOUS!! Too much to do this weekend. I did get to go to the Sinead O'Connor concert Saturday though.
                                2015 Outback
                                2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X