opening day striper fishing!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opening day striper fishing!!

April 18th is around the corner boys and girls!! Myself and friend will be launching out of sandy point on Saturday morning. For all who are interested in joining us feel free to comment!
    Zach Bennett
    Linthicum MD
    2014 Hobie Outback
    Instagram: YakinZak
    Youtube: YakinZak
    Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

I may be interested what time u guys getting out there and I'm guessing
    you will be trolling for them.
    Brian
    White Marsh MD
    Tan Ascend fs12t

Comment

launching at Jonas Green now, My father has a free day so Im gonna take him out in the Severn, We will be arriving just before sun rise.
      Zach Bennett
      Linthicum MD
      2014 Hobie Outback
      Instagram: YakinZak
      Youtube: YakinZak
      Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Comment

Couple of us are going to matapeake early am tomorrow. Should be a decent day. Good luck to all and don't forget the new size limits.
        2014 Hobie Dune Outback
        2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
        Rob

Comment

nice weather on opening day = a ton of motor boats. But i'll probably still be out there
          Last edited by Afrofisherman; 04-17-2015, 11:52 AM.
          Olive Hobie Revo 13

Comment

I plan to head out from Matapeake as well.
            Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
            Predator 13

Comment

There is always a lot of boat traffic on opening day, I'll be out there listening to them cussing one another out on the radio and hearing them say is that a kayaker? Makes me laugh. Caught this opening day last year at matapeake in all the boat trafficGOPR0010_1397932960350_high.jpgGOPR0010_1397932960350_high.jpg
              2014 Hobie Dune Outback
              2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
              Rob

Comment

Wow, that's a beauty. Congrats, good luck tomorrow. Over at Tidalfish there's talk of a a mudflow coming down from Conowingo after the rain a few days ago and the murkiness likely to be around the bridge tomorrow. That would be sad to have ideal kayaking weather on opening day only to be confounded by mud.

Fortunately I think all fishermen are optimists, we all know that we're going to get a trophy tomorrow. Every tomorrow, and that's what keeps us going. No matter what happens it will be great to be back out again.

Comment

The bay bridge could be a little crazy with boat traffic. I was thinking of trolling around St George Island.
                  Anyone else looking to launch from Piney Point Landing or somewhere else near the mouth of the Potomac?

chart-stgeorge.jpg
                  2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                  Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

launched from sandy point about 930 fished until 100
                    say some on the ff but no luck.
                    Brian
                    White Marsh MD
                    Tan Ascend fs12t

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
                      The bay bridge could be a little crazy with boat traffic. I was thinking of trolling around St George Island.
                      Anyone else looking to launch from Piney Point Landing or somewhere else near the mouth of the Potomac?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15311[/ATTACH]
                      be sure to post haw you do!!!
                      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Our buddy 1obxnut caught a 41" from the sand at spsp# 12:30. Congrats!!!

Comment

Put in at Chesapeake Beach. Trolled a few places on my way out to the channel. Over 6 hours of trolling yielded nothing more than a sunburn. (Yes, sunsceen have a shelf life). Saw one fish caught. Paddled back inshore to the oyster beds around Holland Point. Put out the light tackle and caught 24. Nothing big. ( Mostly 17"-19" / a few 20" / 1 -21".
                          Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
                          Predator 13

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGkC0mkOZQE

Best one of the day, everything else did not come close.
                            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                            2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Wow, that's awesome! I was there yesterday too at Beverly Triton but only managed a best of 21 inches. Well done, I video myself and its such a contrast watching yours vs mine....humbling. I'm all over the place and half out of control even with the small ones. I guess I just need lots more practice.

Comment

Working...
                              X