No announcement yet.

365 day Maryland Licenses in effect today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is a matter of principle. To me, paying for the whole 365 days is correct. The fee should be prorated if calendar year based.
    I could buy MD or VA license for the Chesapeake Bay. I had been buying VA license because it was not based on Calendar year. Some of my friends buy VA license because they don't fish often and don't fish all 12 months. They buy the license when they go fishing. I hope DE changes DE license to 365 day based not Calendar year.

Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 10-02-2015, 06:34 AM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

in my opinion, the biggest benefit is when someone moves here mid or late in the year. the first year they arrive to this state, they will get more for their money. if they move here in october, they are not paying a year fee to just fish 3 months. after the first year it really means nothing but that first year i can help folks out. think of all the military personnel who move here throughout the year. I'm all for this.
      Rich
      Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Originally posted by fishinggod View Post
        in my opinion, the biggest benefit is when someone moves here mid or late in the year. the first year they arrive to this state, they will get more for their money. if they move here in october, they are not paying a year fee to just fish 3 months. after the first year it really means nothing but that first year i can help folks out. think of all the military personnel who move here throughout the year. I'm all for this.

That's a good point. I did all of my military moves in Jan/Feb, so it wouldn't have really changed anything for me, but for folks that transfer while the kids are out of school it will help.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Better for some. Irrelevant for others.

Originally posted by Egriger View Post
          Hopefully there was a better reason then that.
          I purchased a license last Fall because I'd just purchased my kayak. It would have been great to have had it be valid through this fall rather than having to purchase a new one in January.
          Greg

Hobie i14T (RIP, Screw you mouse!)
          2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Egriger View Post
            To me it makes little sense. I really cant figure out who this would benefit!
            Perhaps it benefits the DNR by spreading out the processing of new license purchases throughout the year rather than them having to meet a rush of renewals or new purchases from January to the Spring which was likely the case before. There was a time when all car registrations in MD expired on the same date. (I believe it was 31 March) Spreading that workload throughout the year made it more manageable.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
            X