Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skidsteer View Post
    a pointer 78 in crack blue....
    Unless I looked up the wrong lure... is that thing really selling for $15... or close...
    Wow, if that is the true... sure would hate to lose that to a CNR...

Comment

Originally posted by mhossom View Post
      I wondered if my 12' Jackson Cuda would be adequate for fishing the bay and its tributaries....
      Mike
      I would love to get a bigger and peddle yak.. but that's life..
      I use a 10foot kayak... I go all over in all kinds of conditions... so I think you'll be adequate

Comment

Originally posted by Skidsteer View Post

John - do you have some kind of counter? I lose track after 4 or 5, kind of like golf
        No counter. I try to keep a running count in my head to 5, then 10. Sometimes I track how many fish I get in an hour, then start over the next hour. Today I got 5 fish in the first 15 mins. The next five took the rest of the hour. During the second hour I only caught two.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by mweber02 View Post
          My fear is in the tangles......
          Tangles be tangles.. of course.. well since I'm so poor.. or cheap.. I haven't gone braid.... as nice as it would be..
          I just hack away at the tangles... and re-spool with my no worries el'cheapo line.

Although... on the days where I have caught a lot of fish... especially non keepers... it gets tiring to untangle, hopefully not having to cut
          lines... and pull all the tackle in and reset.
          I almost always troll 4 lines.. usually two swimming hard baits in the front of me... and a variety of soft baits in the rear.
          Obviously it would be easier as John V mentions about keeping momentum going... but I haven't figured that out without
          a peddle kayak.
          Although... I have considered cutting a big hole out of the kayak in front of me... I figure I could just Fred Flintstone it with my feet.

Comment

Problem - Not having enough time to fish (work).

Solution - Go whenever I can - this morning right at peak (extra) high tide

Result - catch dinks

Problem - Extra high tide requires fishing very close to shore and associated structure (downed trees) to maintain targeted depth. Lots of snags

Solution - fish farther off shore in deeper water

Results - mark lots of bait, but fail to hook up. Go to a friends house, watch football, eat wings and drink beer. Enjoy watching the Giants beat the Bills
            Bruce

Hobie PA 14
            Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

nice report! & well done.
              Red 2015 Hobie Outback
              Olive 2015 PA 14

Comment

Those fish are still out there. I wasn't sure if they had moved after the nor'easter moved on, but I found 13 hungry stripers this afternoon in a bit more than two hours. Most were 18-19", and I had keepers of 20", 21.5", 22", and 22". I had one other knockdown that nearly pulled the rod from the holder. By the time I got the rod out of the holder, the fish was gone.

It was much nicer fishing in sunshine and moderate wind today.
                John Veil
                Annapolis
                Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
                X