Planning a trip to jonas green park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark View Post
    I didn't know Mepps and Rooster Tail offer single hooks. That's good. I wish more lure makers would do it.
    I hit the South river today to see if the perch had arrived yet and to test out the single hook spinners. I was somewhat worried that the hook would be too big, but not any more:

Caught about a dozen of these little guys, they would not leave the lure alone. I have been told that it is either a Killfish or a Mummichog. In any case, other than these guys I didn't have luck. There was a lot of grass in the water today and the single hook spinner came through it much much better than the treble hooked one I also threw for a bit. It ran well and slow and fast speeds and seems just as stable in the water as the treble hooked ones as well. So long as the hooks hold up I am going to replace all of my small spinners with these.
    Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
    Lime Slayer 10

Comment

I thank perch for rekindling my passion for fishing. I always liked to fish but was just to busy to go for much of my adult life. Then a few years ago a friend asked me out on his boat for some perch fishing. I took 2 ultra light rods, one rigged with a jig and the other with a tony. I never picked up the jig and caught over a 100 perch on the tony. I decided right then to make time for fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        Keep us posted. If you're open for company I will join you if my schedule allows. You can probably also entice a few of the other OGWLF members to leave their sofas for some Severn perch fishing.
        Mark: You got it. You are truly the nicest bunch of guys.
        Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Has anyone tried or started crabbing over there yet? Looking for a report to see if it's worth the time and effort yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brianisoutside View Post
            Has anyone tried or started crabbing over there yet? Looking for a report to see if it's worth the time and effort yet.

Good question. With all this rain, I really think that croakers, blues, and maybe even perch will be showing up late this year. What do you guys think??
            Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Anyone know where the dividing line between tributary and bay is per dnr?
              Looking at fishing for rockfish

Comment

Any luck with rockfish in the Severn?

Comment

Originally posted by JP21403 View Post
                  Any luck with rockfish in the Severn?

No, nothing. But I hardly have any experience at it

Comment