Mattawoman 03/18 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nhunter344 View Post
    That was us. We never really went out of sight from the launch so I could be close enough to drop my kid off so he could retreat to the car to warm up every once in a while.

I'm Nelson. The kid who talked your ear off was Eli.
    Hi Nelson, I thought that might be you since we had chatted about Mattawoman earlier. Glad you got out! It was a tough day for Pat and I as well. Wind going one way and current going the other didn’t make for an easy anchoring. We managed a handful but I’ve definitely seen more productive days there.

Eli was THE MAN! haha He knew so many fish. I’m a middle school teacher so having my ear talked off by young fellas is a normal day. Eli was great and I’m glad he’s had so many awesome experiences on the water. I bet you guys have tons of good father son memories. Good seeing you out there!
    Matt
    Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
    2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
    10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

I was the last one out there this past Sunday and stupidly didn't hit the water until well after 3 PM. I tried all the sweet spots downstream of the launch with no luck. I ventured upstream of the launch for the first time and learned a valuable lesson that it gets shallow very quickly off to the left, especially as the tide is going out. With the current, I couldn't get my anchor to hold whatsoever (3lb). I called it a day but left one line in the water as I peddled back to the launch. Never happened before but this sort of trolling carolina rig actually caught an eater blue catfish. That was it for me. I hope to have better luck next time there.

mike
      Mike

2020 Hobie Outback - Camo

Comment

That reminds me. When we were at Slavin's Launch on Sunday, my wife found a woman's engagement/wedding band set. It was laying in the water on the actual boat ramp. If you know of or have heard of anyone who lost one, PM me details and a description. I'd like to get this back to the owner if possible.
        "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
        Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by YakMan1731 View Post
          Eli was THE MAN! haha He knew so many fish. I’m a middle school teacher so having my ear talked off by young fellas is a normal day. Eli was great and I’m glad he’s had so many awesome experiences on the water. I bet you guys have tons of good father son memories. Good seeing you out there!
          He's constantly surprising me. I forgot to say thanks again for the leftover bait. I didn't have any luck on cut bait or chicken, but a chunk of white perch combined with a chunk of chicken did the trick!
          "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
          Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by nhunter344 View Post
            He's constantly surprising me. I forgot to say thanks again for the leftover bait. I didn't have any luck on cut bait or chicken, but a chunk of white perch combined with a chunk of chicken did the trick!
            Of course. I'm glad it was 50% of the winning combination haha My go to is raw chicken soaked overnight in garlic powder. I don't know if the garlic powder really helps, but it makes everything smell like I know what I'm doing! Hopefully it picks up there...I cooked up some of my eaters last night and they were delicious. Always makes it worth the hour and a half drive. I think I'll be going down there for snakeheads at some point this summer too. If you've ever gotten those I'd love some advice.
            Matt
            Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
            2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
            10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

Working...
            X