OC Backbays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC Backbays

I had the chance to get out a few times behind Ocean City in the past two weeks. It's mostly been the typical schoolie stripers between 15" - 24". But their plentiful and good pullage. I tried jigging for some flounder for a little bit too, but no takers.

And for those interested, I did sling the 6", 2 oz popper for a good while looking to see if any big blues were around. But again no action. The tide wasn't quite right over the flats for it though and the wind picked up heavy cutting my efforts short in my attempt.
    Brian

As soon as those blues show up in reliable numbers, a couple friends and I will def be making the trip over to target them. They're delicious IMO, smoked or fried, though I know I may be in the minority on that.

Comment

I’m with you, blues are delicious. If they show up again, I plan on targeting them.
      Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

I need to get do this field trip for a change of scenery. Anyone able to put a little get together or point a few of us in the right direction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I sent Pat a PM yesterday, i'm also VERY interested in a back-bay meetup.
          Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

We're counting on you Bob haha, just keep us posted on when the blues show up, and we will take a convoy over to meet and fish with you, if that's ok.

Comment

Yep, I'll let you know if I get into any. My fishing schedule has been scaled back significantly, but if I'm able to join the convoy, I will, lol. In the meantime, keep an eye on the Coastal Fisherman reports. If they show, you'll see it there first probably.
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
                ...i'm also VERY interested in a back-bay meetup.
                Same here. I've already made arrangements with a vague "when the bluefish show up in OC, I'm heading down there" reservation.
                "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
                Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

"Three 17-to 20-inch bluefish were caught from Lewes Beach on bucktails." Is what the dnrec reported on the 12th and apparently there was a report of one caught in fenwick so hopefully they will come in numbers soon, or at least when the weather becomes nicer. Hopefully, I can make it out when they're thick in numbers this year.
                  Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
                    Yep, I'll let you know if I get into any. My fishing schedule has been scaled back significantly, but if I'm able to join the convoy, I will, lol. In the meantime, keep an eye on the Coastal Fisherman reports. If they show, you'll see it there first probably.
                    Thanks bro. I have been dreaming of this bite since last year!
                    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
                    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

I would be interested in making the trip as well.

Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2017 Orange Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

Though my schedule is not looking good for May, I would like to get in on that also.

Comment

Seems to be turning into an informal Meet-N-Greet.

Bob please keep us updated if you can. I'll keep an eye on the Fishing Reports you mentioned.
                          Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Will do. I haven't heard of any yet. Hopefully I can get out one evening next week to see for myself.
                            Brian

Comment

I tried Wednesday evening for about 2 hours before dark. No blues. No sign of any either. Switched over to bass for a half-hour after dark before I headed in just to get the skunk off. Bunch of rat dinks only though.
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X