No announcement yet.

Forgetfulness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome work Ron! It's always fun seeing the rod sling backward, and when it's tough to get out of the holder you know you've got a fun fight ahead. Great story and congrats on your PB of the year!
    Matt
    Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
    2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
    10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

Originally posted by YakMan1731 View Post
      Awesome work Ron! It's always fun seeing the rod sling backward, and when it's tough to get out of the holder you know you've got a fun fight ahead. Great story and congrats on your PB of the year!
      Thanks- for my buddies PMing- I don’t mind sharing tackle and tactics- here is a picture of the two outfits I caught all my fish on yesterday- I was trolling these lures in 14-20 FOW in a falling tide, early morning 60.4 degrees when I started 61 degrees at take out at 2.8 kts. Trolling speed...good luck and I hope you get a big one...and yes, those are the Mustad Fastach clips I use on my leaders to change lures quickly and securely...my leaders are Trielene XT 20# mono attached to the braid with the FG knot...and yes, I dress the soft plastic with Pro Cure herring gel..some say it doesn’t do anything...I say it doesn’t hurt anything, either...I try not to leave anything within my control to chance..reels were recently rebuilt, cleaned and lubed...line was either replaced or reversed...got ten different fishing outfits I use a lot...leaders are cut off and replaced if I catch a lot of fish with them...Leader is cheap..I rig up four different rods and reels with the lures I fish...usually one or two low-profile bait-casters with 30# braid for the biggest lures and then 2500 or 3000 size spinning with 10-12 # braid for the lighter lures and tossing poppers...my shortest rod is an UL at 6’...Most everything else is 6’6” or 7’...

- IMG_3770.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by ronaultmtd; 05-03-2018, 10:06 AM.
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
      X