Patuxent perchin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
    Nice work guys! Looks like you all got a nice mix of fish.

Be careful with keeping "shad" unless you know for sure that it is a gizzard shad, as there is a closed season for the american and hickory shad as well as herring this year. I kind of doubt that a gizzard shad would bite a minnow unless it was actually snagged, but then again they are pretty easy to accidentally snag at times. The giveaway trait that will tell you it is a gizzard shad is the long hair like filament that comes off of the last ray of the dorsal fin.
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...QEwBA&dur=2141
    It was snagged. I did not keep any fish on this outing. It was a fun day.

Comment

That gizzard shad is great catfish bait and would've been hand to have on the Potomac. Did it hit your rig or did you snag it? I wish there was an easy way to collect them this time of year.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

It was a great day on the water... Winds made it tough to stay on the fish and made the drifts super fast! I think thats why I didn't come home with more. Most were little dinks, I had just 1 keeper that just got out of the frying pan! I am sooo glad I had my motor with me. Fighting that wind and on the way back would have been a PITA! So I just cranked it up and paddled.

MYT

Comment

Looks like you guys had a good day.
          2012 Hobie Revo 13'
          2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Working...
          X