Bay Bridge Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge Today

Fished the Bay Bridge today for about two hours. I launched at Sandy Point and made the long paddle to the ERP. There were several boats there in the drift but nobody was catching, including me. I marked lots of fish but couldn't get a bite. I made my way over to the West side and finally got one on the line. But that's all I got. The fish came unbuttoned. Beautiful day out there.
    I did notice some fish jumping as I was paddling out by the end of the jetty. I snooped around but didn't see anything on the FF.

Hobie PA 12

Guys coming into the store are claiming to be catching them on big globs of blood worm on a hook. I have to get my kayak ready soon.

It looked like a beautiful day.

Comment

Nice flat water. Did you fish the east side? Is that what you call ERP? I'd like to start back fishing there, but I plan to fish during trophy season in mid-April. Thanks for report.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

That's bummer, nice day though... and putting the time in will reward you in the end!!

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
          Nice flat water. Did you fish the east side? Is that what you call ERP? I'd like to start back fishing there, but I plan to fish during trophy season in mid-April. Thanks for report.
          ERP = Eastern side rock pile

Tough break on the one that got away.
          Thanks for the video.
          2013 PRO ANGLER 12
          2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Oh well.... judging by your rod it didn't look like it was a large fish anyway.
            2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Good effort Ed. It looked like a nice calm day.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Fish are definitely around. We hooked into a couple of schoolies while fishing the surf last night at SPSP. Using bloodworm for this time of year of course.
                <insert witty comment here>

Comment

The fish are out there for sure. Looked like bunker breaking water by the jetty, that's a good omen for the big fish.
                  Hobie PA 12

Comment

We also got a couple of alewifes. They were swimming into our lines as well. Good sign.
                    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Eh, bummer... Thanks for the report. I may give it a shot this weekend anyway. I've never been there with water that flat. Pretty cool...
                      Mike S.
                      Hobie Outback
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                      3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

It looked like a nice day even with the skunk. Thanks for scoping it out.
                        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

The bay was so calm, I got surprised by a few boat wakes that snuck up on me.
                          Also I wouldn't call it a bonafide skunk, due to the one fish hook-up, more like a possum.
                          Hobie PA 12

Comment

Originally posted by Aesiegel View Post
                            Also I wouldn't call it a bonafide skunk, due to the one fish hook-up, more like a possum.
                            Ha! Not quite as bad... but possums are scary as hell too!! Agreed that they smell really good though

But in all seriousness you're right, I'll take a possum over a skunk any day. At least you know you were fishing and not just washing your lures.
                            Mike S.
                            Hobie Outback
                            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                            3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Gonna try to get out to the bridge on Sunday for the first time. Do you guys launch from the boat ramp at Sandy Point or the beach?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X