X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G Dock West side
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Hope to be out soon at BB. It's nice when it's calm but I have done 1000 times better when it's rough and the tide is running strong. It can be a pain to keep paddling and getting into position for only one maybe two casts but when they are there that's all you need. When it's calm they just dont hit it seems... Prob bc baitfish are more scattered, more time to check out your lure/jig, unlike when the tide is moving they seem to hold right near the pilings and jump on your lure as they swing past the piling.

Comment

What ounce jig head were you using,me and my dad are going tomorrow and I have rigged everything with ten inch bids and a one and one half ounce bid jig head.is this to big? What were you using?

Comment

Using 1 oz jig heads . Your setup should be fine. Good luck!
          Hobie PA 12

Comment

Thanks,what size fish are at the bridge this year?

Comment

Originally posted by kayak456 View Post
              Thanks,what size fish are at the bridge this year?
              Stripers I've caught at the BB are usually 18-24 inches, with some in upper 20's-30. That was during the summer though so maybe some larger ones migrating up to spawn will hold to the structure for a little while.
              2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Also what side of the bridge, and how deep are you guys fishing?

Comment

Originally posted by kayak456 View Post
                  Also what side of the bridge, and how deep are you guys fishing?
                  There are two rockpiles under the bridge. The one to the east usually holds more fish. You gotta fish deep... I believe it's about 30-60 ft around there. Jig your lure off the bottom.

I'll be surprised if you don't see several other boats fishing in that spot tomorrow.

Read this for more info: http://www.chesapeakelighttackle.com...ke-bay-bridge/
                  Mike S.
                  Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                  3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Yeah it gets deep at the rock piles, but I usually don't fish those. I catch them mostly east side, 12-20 ft of water. Either way, be prepared for a lot of snags on the bottom....
                    2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

dude pulled in a 39" rock today at spsp from the beach. fricken leonard

Comment

What did you catch it on?

Comment

I use 1oz jig heads with a soft plastic attached. Color type does make a difference. And size. Summer time 18-35 inches we have caught... I have done better on east bound span but fish can be caught everywhere just depends where they are that day, I don't fish the rock piles just the pilings. Fish one for a bit than move to the other side than next piling. Be prepared to lose jig heads. Strong tide has been only what produces fish after fish for me. Experiment until something works but my first few trips were really not much while others where catching. After I figured it out what worked fish after fish at times. Also there is some pipe discharge from the water tower it runs out a few hundred yards and people catch fish there also. How to find it...??? Don't know

Comment

We have fished there a cole times but mostly we live live and troll and jig just not the bridge as much.i meant what did that guy catch the 39 inch rockfish on?

Comment

Working...
                            X