No announcement yet.

2023 catfishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's getting that time of year that the catfish slow down and start hunkering down in the mud most of the day. I went back to the rappahanock today and caught 7. A 15 and 24 pounder were the only bigger ones. The only difference in this week to last week was the water temp was down 3 degrees and I fished a falling tide. Shad and eel were the bait. Eel got the bigger one.

20231119_122534.jpg
    Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

Very slow today in the lower marlboro area. Got 1 fish all day. I'm trying to figure out if they are all upriver or downriver. They definitely aren't where I was. I tried 7 different spots From white landing to kings landing. I wish I knew if there were any deep holes up toward jug bay. Navionics tells me nothing for anything above Nottingham. I'd hate to waste a drive that far upriver for it to just be all shallow.

20231209_094720.jpg
      Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

Was hoping to get one more good report for 2023 but I got a nasty cut on my finger that's gonna have me down for a couple weeks. Good luck to all in 2024. Final report for the year: Better year over all catfishing than 2022. Biggest of the year: 38 pounds in the Rappahanock River. Multiple 30 lb class fish caught this year.
        Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

Working...
        X