No announcement yet.

Piney Point....the return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

report was "Cornfield harbor" and evidently there were multiple reports. We saw charter boats drifting from the boat channel out of lake conroy all the way to Cornfield point on Sat. I thought they were fishing flounder, Joe thought they must be targeting croaker...it was too rough to go ask.
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Great report. That trout is beautiful.......

Comment

Told you about the trout, Kevin- glad you got a nice keeper- now you got to get a 20 inch speck- did you try the magic spot?
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I was thinking keeper flounder may wander up there because of the relatively high salinity level. Seems like they're here. And specks too? Good, even though I'm going to VB this weekend.
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

nice Kevin, i picked up a couple yozuri divers at WM in the clearance bin for 7 bucks. now that its time for the rock to get schooled up i'll use them

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
              Joe,
              Confirmed KEEPER FLOUNDER at Point Lookout this last weekend. I was thinking of doing that Sat morning or sometime this weekend. So hard to choose what to do!!!
              Now you are making me think. Thinking is not my thing

I have caught many under sized flounders at the Big dock (a mile off the ramp) in the river side at Piney Point. I was thinking I fish the big dock after I catch a keeper speck.

Though PLO is the place for the keeper flounder…

I can fish either places. Let me know where you will be tomorrow evening. If the East wind blow like last weekend, I will fish Piney Point creeks

joe
              Fish like there's no tomorrow.
              Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                Told you about the trout, Kevin- glad you got a nice keeper- now you got to get a 20 inch speck- did you try the magic spot?
                magic spot was not productive but probably due to fishing at low tide.....very low. I expect it would have been another story 6-7 hours later.

Comment

Wow nice going! Beats getting stuck in a storm... Beautiful spec!
                  Mike S.
                  Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                  3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

I think it is getting close to Stretch time...I have three stretch 25's- two textured red white and and a blue silver textured...my hot lures last fall for the bigger fish were the textured red/white stretch for deeper fish and the XR14 olive bunker colored XRaps...all caught fish over 27 inches...
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Correction--yozuri emperor minnow

Hey guys, I assume the mag minnow is a good lure but I was wrong, the lure I was using is a discontinued model, the emperor minnow---you can still get some on line.

Comment

Working...
                      X