No announcement yet.

Can We Talk? Lol!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MyT I would definately wait for one of those trips. Lets start planning a Now . Im down

Comment

I'm posting this from the morning star right now

STARE
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Lol!!!

Comment

Metro you are posting from there "supposedly" but no fish to report. Ah HeheheheehehehE.

Comment

Cuz I'm still fishing

Comment

I definitely wouldn't put the yak away. 55-60 degrees is the magic temp. I'm just starting to see fish chasing bait up north here in the Susquehanna. Yesterday the temps were at 68.5 degrees. For the past months the pick during the day had been tough with soft plastics/jigs/worms worked real slow being barely productive for me. Hardbaits and metal have been much more productive lately.

Migratory Stripers will start to show in the lower bay in a month or so as the water temps fall. Mid December last year was still producing good size and numbers.

Comment

GREAT Feedback Guys! Keep it coming..

Bill, WTG!!

Jay, I'll see you Friday am..

GB

Comment

Does anyone on this board fish the Occoquan River in Virginia during the winter months? I used to on my fiberglass boats and it is a great winter fishery...right @ the I-95 bridge and marinas. I am however going to have to figure out a way NOT to get soaked while paddling...sounds stupid but i have a tremendous amount of water that runs down the paddle shaft with each stroke. Is this normal? or do i have a poorly designed "oar" that retains water, and with each alternating stroke, water runs down from the high end...just asking, maybe i need more expensive paddle. Thx
                  Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

A number of guys here fish the Occoquan during the winter, myself included. I especially like the shad run.

As for your paddle, does it have drip rings on it? If so, make sure they're 2-3 inches away from the paddle blade. If not, you can add some.

drip rings:
                    http://www.austinkayak.com/products/...rip-Rings.html

You can also try a longer or shorter paddle and vary the angle of your paddle stroke.
                    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I have those drip rings from ACK... They worked great on my last paddle!

Comment

I have some on my emergency propulsion device (paddle) as well.

Comment

i'll probaably be done with the yak by the end of the month and hit the sand with my long rods. just not comfortable bundled up in the kayak

Comment

I finally got some cold water kayaking gear (waders, etc) so I'll be able to push my season later into the year. Locally I will be sticking with the Severn area, but would love to head south to get on some tog.

Drooling for some Morning Star tog trips, too. Can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                            X